How to deploy Orchestrator in Azure PaaS, if the file download is not allowed by App Service in Azure?
Issue Description: After deploying the zip file to Azure App Service, the deployment script tries to download the web.config(UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config) file in the temp deployment directory, to get the settings in order to run the DB migration. If the download is blocked or a proxy is present in between, this step fails leading to Orchestrator deployment failure.
Resolution: Generally this issue occurs if App Service contents are not accessible from client machine.
- Ensure that the Kudu (Azure App Service) console is accessible from the client machine and download the web.config(UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config) file manually
- If the step 1 is performed and the issue still persists, try the below steps -
- Open the Publish-Orchestrator.ps1 file in any editor and comment the line which is responsible to download the file.
- Add a sleep time of 3-4 minutes before this commented line with a message as shown in the below screenshot. Note: All the further steps should be completed within this sleep time.
- When the deployment procedure reaches to this point, open the Kudu console using the instruction given in Access Kudu For Your App .
- Go to the deployment directory( D:\home\site\wwwroot\) by using Debug console option on the Kudu
- Download the UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config file.
- Once downloaded, go to the machine where the PowerShell script is being executed and open the %temp% folder. There will be a temporary deployment folder created for the deployment in the format as given in the below screenshot. Open the latest one(which will be for the current deployment)
- Place the UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config file in this location and rename the file name as Web.config
Note: All these steps should be finished before the script continues after the sleep. Ensure to set the sleep time accordingly.
Post the execution of above mentioned procedure, the deployment should be completed successfully. If issue is still persistent, reach out to UiPath Technical Support team for further assistance with the provision of above executed information .