Orchestrator data in SQL Server

HI All,
In Orchestartor dashboard we can see the jobs that are currently running and jobs that are pending in queue as shown below, Could you let me know if all these data will be stored in SQL server ? so that if i wanted to create a custom dashboard to show number of jobs running and pending, wait time etc. I can pick up these data from sql server.

Custom dashboard that contains,
JOB name
Job start time
JOB end time
Time in queue

@robert1
all this data will be stored in SQL, orchestrator is composition of Application server+sql server+elastic search

thanks,
pathrudu

Thanks again @pathrudu, but currently when we see in orchestartor , it doesn’t shows how much time the job is waiting in the queue (i.e. in pending state) before running, at what time the job came into the queue, but these additional details will also be available to sql server ?

@robert1, the data is available in the SQL Server table Jobs.
We are currently building some sample Tableau dashboards containing, among others, the items you mention above.

Sorin

1 Like

In addition to what Sorin said, you also have in the DB Job Creation Time and Job Start time. With these two you can find out how long a job was in Pending state.

I hope this helps!

Thanks @Sorin_Stania, @ovi for your inputs.

Yes all these information are pulled from SQL only.
But I would recommend to build your solutions by using API request rather than on SQL.

The table schema can changed with the version but the API request will remain same(I mean less likely to change :wink: .

1 Like

Thanks @Jishnu_Kumar , could you explain a bit how we can query with API request.

Hi Robert,

I am pasting the link for our API documnet
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2017.1/reference#jobs_post-1

Do you have access to the Orchestrator DB ? Can you see the data using any DB management tool ? Can you run queries on it ?

in the GO! package there is a file with SQL queries. It has the .sql extension. You can open it with any text editor. Normally, following the instructions in the documentation should be straightforward.

The thing is that the instructions are meant to be done by someone who has database and BI experience. From your questions, I guess you don’t have a lot of that and just expect step by step instructions without necessarily understanding what effect they have. Following the instructions in the documentation without actually understanding them is a very bad idea. I don’t want you to break your Orchestrator because you just expect to follow steps you don’t fully understand…

Hii Sorin can you please explain atleast we will learn the process

Hey Rockydev,
Not sure what you expect me to explain. I cannot teach a BI / SQL class, I assume you have basic knowledge about these topics (otherwise, there are great resources out there). Did you read the dashboards documentation ? All the info is in there, which part is unclear? You will need to be more specific

How to configure orchestrator SQL server and how to create views in it

ok… I want to help, but if you do not know how to create a view in SQL Server, you need to do some research to make sure you understand the subject before starting to change things in there. You can execute the content of the sql file from the package using a tool like Sql Server Management Studio to create the views. Please understand that this package is built assuming a decent level of DB / BI knowledge, I cannot really teach you the basics for that.

Bro can u pls explain the below step of uipath go documentation for tableau.
Step 5: Switch the data source of the Tableau file with the newly created one:
Select any visualization tab (not a dashboard one) by clicking on a visualization in the dashboard, then clicking on
the “Go to Sheet” button at the top left (or right). This should open the hidden visualization.

Step 8: Publishing the Extract and the Dashboard:
Once you have connected the dashboard to your SQL Server, you need to deploy it from Tableau Desktop to
Tableau Server. You will find information about this topic on the Tableau website, however here are a few hints:

• It is much better to export the extract separately to Tableau Server, then the dashboard (this will
    automatically set the data source for the local file to the extract on the Tableau Server). Have all
    analysts work on the extract. The alternative, exporting the packaged bundle (Tableau file + Extract)
    risks to duplicate the extracts and overload the database. This will ensure only one extract is querying
    the database, regardless of how many Tableau analysts are using the data.
  • Set up a suitable refresh schedule for the extract. Incremental refreshes every 15 minutes (or even
    every hour) should work fine. You can also schedule full refreshes during week-ends etc.
    Note: Process has to be repeated for both the Jobs and Queues dashboards, in order to have the 2 dashboards
    connected to your Orchestrator database as data source.

Please send me the description bro I completed all the steps this is the only thing left

Hi , I want to know what Creation time is exactly? If I know that, I am sure, your info is so useful to me!

This package contains SQL functions to call Orchestrator API from SQL

Try this Call Orchestrator API from SQL Server - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace

2 Likes