Orchestrator / attended bots

Hi Kemal,

First, when you said “scripts” i assume you’re talking about Studio projects. And i also assume you’re using the 2017.1 version, so my answer will be based on that. So let’s take them one by one.

Studio is for development so you don’t need 100 Studio licenses. In most of the cases the development is done on a machine(or a few, but not 100).

If you have zero Unattended in Orchestrator it means you cannot provision your robots, so there is no way to manage/control them with Orchestrator. And there is no point on having Unattended license without Orchestrator.

Best practice here would be to have 100 Unattended bots in Orchestrator. From the Studio machine you publish your projects and then you will be able to run on all the Robots provisioned in Orchestrator.

Why publish from 100 different machines when you can publish from one(or at least a few, much less than 100)? After you publish from Studio you will be able to deploy the process in Orchestrator on a certain Environment. And based on how you’ve grouped your Robots in Environments you can run that process on a certain number of Robots.

When you request Community Edition from UiPath website you will get the .exe file(Free to use in academia, nonprofits and small businesses with an annual turnover of less than $1 million or 250 workstations.). For the .msi, you’ll request the Free Trial(For large companies starting their RPA projects and looking to scale their robot deployments in the future.) The difference between the two installers is explained here: What is the definition of UiPath Community Edition / CE? - #3 by ovi

If you have any more questions on this topic, feel free to ask.