Orchestrator API returns 500

Hello,

I’m facing a problem, similar to API StartTransaction specific QueueItem?.
Though it seems that I’ve gotten a bit further.
In essence, I’m trying to get and start a transaction item from a specific queue, by filtering on the reference.

Using the following endpoint:

/odata/Queues/UiPathODataSvc.StartTransaction](https://orchestrator-2018v3.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com/swagger/ui/index#!/Queues/Queues_StartTransaction

After trying to send the following json (have also tried without the reference parameter):

{
  "transactionData": {
    "Name": "Pixels to plot",
    "Reference": "4057632"
  }
}

I get the following result

{
  "message": "An error has occurred.",
  "errorCode": 0,
  "resourceIds": null
}

I’ve tried to perform the request from the robot itself (also by first authenticating as Admin, and using the token). Tried from Swagger from my computer AND from the orchestrator server (while logged into Orchestrator as Admin and a test user).
Tried from a separate server using the Postman application. Both with the admin, and the test user.

I’ve tried with the following JSON as well

{
  "transactionData": {
    "Name": "Pixels to plot",
    "SpecificContent": {},
  }
}

But that just create a empty entry in the queue.

Hope someone can help me out here! :slight_smile:

@Nicolai_Kruger

I think you have to give your Queue Data I mean the values which you are going to access for processing a transaction item should be present in SpecificContent. Because you will access the values by using Transactionitem.SpecificContent(“Value”).

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi @MAHESH1,

Thank you for comment!

As I read the documentation, if the data/SpecificContent is left out, then the request should pick one of the items from the queue - acting like the Get Transaction Item activity in Studio.
The problem is that, that activity does not have the option to filter on the Reference field - which is what I’m looking for, and so I try to make it myself with the API.

Best Regards,
Nicolai

@Nicolai_Kruger

Try with this and check once

{
“transactionData”: {
“Name”: “Queue_Name”,
“RobotIdentifier”: “Machine_Name(I mean the bot through which you want to start”,
“SpecificContent”: {Data of Queue Item},
“Reference” : “4057632”

}
}

Regards,
Mahesh

I can look in the logs and see if I can identify the issue, but I need a very narrow time range when the issue occurred (down to second ideally)

So many replies, in so little time! I am just going to try to reply to everyone here at once!

@MAHESH1 won’t that still create a new queue item, instead of getting a existing queue item?

@zimou13 where should I look for these error messages?

@Remus_Rusanu, since it is a test database that have been setup, I can give you direct access to both server and ORchestrator.
That way you can connect directly and check.

Thank you for your support! :slight_smile:

I thought this is an issue with the online service at platform.uipath.com
If is your own server/DB, then you should open a ticket and have the our support team check.
The back-end error corresponding to the issue, you can look into the server side errors. Where they go it depends on how your Orchestrator was setup/deployed, but the usual culprit to check is EventLog on IIS machine

Yeah, I see now that the tags used are for CE. sorry about that - though I would imagine that it is a bug in Orchestrator, since I just used the standard installation, and other API requests works fine :slight_smile:

I’ll check the logs, and contact support - and update this post with the answer!

Thank you!

Hi,

Even I tried from my end to start the transaction, but Iam getting error code: 0 .
Please let me know if any one know the reason.

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi All!

So I got a response from their support. The functionality is not supported, and the Swagger documentation is not any kind of official documentation - and thus should not be trusted. At least that is what I understood from the support ticket.

However, they are aware of this missing functionality, and it sounds like it is in their pipeline. Until then, we will have to figure another way to do this.

But hey! It looks like they’ve gotten some new sweet stuff for citrix: About the Citrix Extension button

Best regards,
Nicolai

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.