Orchestrator and Your IT Environment - Give us your thoughts!

welly well … other than the branding feature request I posted a few days prior to this thread

the biggest thing for us is limitations on user roles / the privileging model – although most of our issues here can be solved using Organizational Units.

with a Role, as it exists currently, the Orchestrator admin can limit users’ access to any module/feature of Orchestrator, but cannot designate access to individual components/items within that module/feature…

for example - “Jobs”/“Processes” - I can set users to start/stop jobs, but that means any/all jobs , not a specific job/process (and while we’re here I’ll just add - most POSIX systems prefer the terms read/write/execute instead of view/edit/create/delete - like what does it mean if i check the box that says ‘Edit’ or ‘Create’ on the ‘Logs’ section? they can’t edit logs amirite?)

but again, Organizational Units solve this problem - since they effectively replace the functionality of roles (for our purposes), and the admin simply adds users as needed to the unit - you either have access or your don’t.