Orchestrator advanced Scheduling using cron expression

If our schedule interface is not enough and you have to create more advanced schedules you can use Advanced option.

Using this: http://www.cronmaker.com/ you can create any schedule that you need.

1. Choose your schedule

1. Click on Generate Cron

1. Copy the cron from the Result section

1. In Orchestrator advanced tab paste the cron expression and Save
14 Likes

What’s the best way of incorporating bank holidays? Is it still creating a separate file to reference within the process or is there anything more sophisticated?

We don’t support this feature yet.

@Andrei_Pop, @badita Any idea if we are going to incorporate this feature in the future? Client asks us if we can have a custom calendar defined for holidays.

Also any workaround that we can currently suggest? Like adding a script with the defined holidays?

1 Like

Question - is there a reliable source for all bank holidays worldwide?

If not, would a custom bank holiday schedule work? Would only need to be configured once a year.

I guess the current alternative is to build this in to the worklow? Maybe utilising an API to aforementioned source of bank holidays…

RD

1 Like

Google says it is.

Every day is a Bank Holiday for you @badita! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi Badita,
I wanted to schedule my BOT to run once in every 15 minutes between 5 AM and 7 PM everyday. could you please help me.

You can use the below cron expression.
0 15 5-19 * * * * ?

Does orchestrator support 5/15 option as start 5 minutes pass certain hour and repeat every 15 minutes?
I would like to define a schedule as 0 5/15 13 5 * ? *
and orchestrator shows this as

I will reply to myself, the exact time is shown when mouse cursor is hoovering above the clock icon. Nevertheless, I would expect that right start time would be shown also in the appropriate place as well.
And yes, the cron worked as specified.

Hi Andrei,

Do we have the ability using Orchestrator scheduling to skip holidays in 2018.2? This feature if available would be very useful for processes that depend on working days only, without having to code in your process.

Regards,
Priya

Hi Priya,

The feature “Holiday Calendar” will be available starting with Orchestrator 18.3.

You can actually try it out on beta.uipath.com.

3 Likes

@cristi_pufu, Thank you very much, I’m looking forward to it.

Regards,
Priya

Hey @Andrei_Pop,

I have a process that sometimes takes 2 hours, or sometimes 5 minutes to run. It depends on the input it is getting.

Is there any feature that we can schedule the process in such a manner that when one run completes, another run will be after 5 minutes of completion of previous run.

Regards
Purvi Singhal

Hi @Purvi

I believe some works are being done on a feature that would fulfill this requirement. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Hi @Purvi

I think you can already mostly achieve this in Orchestrator today (2018.4 at least).

The ‘Queued Jobs Scenarios’ section of the following link outlines quite well how Orchestrator handles multiple instances of the same process being queued on the same robot: https://orchestrator.uipath.com/docs/about-schedules

You could schedule the job every 5 minutes on the same robot and if there is already a job for that process in pending state on that same robot, the schedule will be skipped. This won’t however guarantee 5 minutes between each instance of the job; they will likely run back to back.

1 Like

Please help me in Orchestrator schedule to run every 15 minutes between 7:30AM to 17.15PM.

I am having Question Related to Advanced Scheduling Option.
Can some one please help me Schedule my Job at every alternate Friday. How can i make a Cron for the same.
Looking for the Quick response from the community.
Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

I want to schedule a bot at 6 AM every first working day of week. Also it should trigger at every last working day of month.

Along with this, if its non working day on Monday, bot should trigger on Tuesday.

Holiday(Non working day) restrictions are added .
Can you please suggest here

Thanks