Orchestrator 2019.10.14

We’re having an issue with UiPath Orchestrator 2019.10.14. Intermittent connection issues causing problems when we load the URL from a browser or try to interact with Orchestrator from bot.

I can go into more details, but was really wondering if anyone else has seen any issues with this particular release.

@cynthia.libby,

I have workflow where it is accessing Orchestrator 2019.10.14 and also accessing its API, as of now I am not facing any issues.

Are you facing this issue all the times? Checked from a different machine?

It is intermittent but from all machines at various times.

More details would be welcomed!

Have you looked at your Windows event logs for both Orchestrator and Robots to see if anything sticks out?

Schannel issues are showing in System log. “A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 40. The Windows Schannel error state is 1204.”

Also seeing code 20 and 1204.

It looks like from a quick view of RFC 2246

40 = handshake_failure, Indicates that the sender was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters given the options available. This is a fatal error.
20 = bad_record_mac, Received a record with an incorrect MAC . This message is always fatal.

Old document, but summerizes what is in the RFC as well.

I’m not an export with Windows or SSL/TLS - but sounds like you have your server and client disagreeing on the supported protocols. What version of Windows are you using for Orchestrator, Robot, and client that you’d access the Web UI from?

Have you made any configuration changes to disable/enable certain protocol versions?
Is this a fresh install of Orchestrator or upgrade?
Is your Certificate created and imported appropriately and being recognized as valid from the client machines?

A post was split to a new topic: Windows OS and Robot Version compatibility