Orchestration Process Faulted causing Action Center Task Error Message

I have a long-running Orchestration process that runs every 15 minutes. When the process starts if new OCR exceptions exist the process will create a new task for users to complete in the Action Center. When the process that created the task hits an error and faults the task displays an error message to the user.

“The Automation waiting on this action may be in an error state. Please contact your administrator.”

Is there a way to call an Orchestrator HTTP request to identify tasks that are in this error state? I am assuming that this is logged in the database which is what triggers the error message to be displayed to the end user.

I want to create a process that identifies the task in this error state, deletes the task, and then re-add them to the action center.

Hi @zachary.taylor

You can use get task data or even you have orchestrator apis to get the task details

Please check the swagger file for inputs

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v0/reference/api-references

Cheers

The error message “The Automation waiting on this action may be in an error state. Please contact your administrator” typically occurs when a UiPath Automation is waiting for an external event or action to complete, but the event or action fails to complete within the expected time frame.

This error can have a variety of causes, but some common causes include:

• Network or connectivity issues that prevent the Automation from communicating with external systems or services
  • System or service outages that prevent the Automation from accessing the data or resources it needs
  • Incorrectly configured or invalid credentials that prevent the Automation from authenticating with external systems or services
  • Incorrectly configured or invalid settings that prevent the Automation from running as expected

To fix this issue, you will need to identify the cause of the error and take appropriate action to resolve it. This may involve troubleshooting network connectivity, updating credentials or settings, or contacting your administrator for assistance.