Orchestration and Machine Connection issue

It seems I do not have admin rights on the laptop, so I’ll update on the forum once I’ve admin rights and able to check whether that solves the issue.

Note that you don’t have to have full admin rights in order to this

https://forum.uipath.com/t/orchestrator-without-local-admin/2104

@richarddenton Sorry, I do not have access to that link you provided. Could you post the contents from that link into your reply, if possible.Today someone from UiPath logged onto my laptop and came to conclusion that I’m not able to see settings because of admin rights. They could be wrong though.

Hey Mihai,

It seems it’s not quite as simple as this. Here was what we think is the solution:

This problem could be due to the fact that the accounts used to provision a robot (developer accounts) do not have the Local User Rights Policy ‘Access this computer from the network’

This would work when using an admin username because it will be part of the local ‘Administrators’ group which has this policy.

There are 3 options to resolve this:

1. Add the user account(s) into a group that already has this. However, this group is probably reserved for particular staff and may be hard to request approval.
  2. We add user account(s) into a ‘privileged’ group and give that group access to the ‘Administrators’ group on the individual VDI. The issue with this approach is that these accounts will have access to many other privileges they do not need.
  3. We add the user account(s) into a ‘privileged’ group and give that group the ‘Access this computer from the network’ policy on the VDI.

Our recommendation is to go with Option 3 if possible.

Rich

2 Likes

Ok we’ve been given admin rights and we were able to update UiPath settings and execute jobs by creating new jobs. :slight_smile: