Oracle odbc input string was not in a correct format

I have a very weird issue with Oracle ODBC connection. I know it isn’t UiPath specific, but we are having issues when returning a number(20,2) field that contains a value between 0 and 1, like 0.19.
Then it fails with the error: input string was not in a correct format.

I know I can solve this by writing TO_NUMBER(coloumn), but I wonder why it fails.
Does anyone else work with Oracle databases? and do you have a suggestion to this?

Using Oracle SQLDeveloper it works perfect, I can’t get any errors, but using the InstantClient ODBC it fails.

I have been googling and searching the forum without any answers.

1 Like

Hi @mdiv,
Welcome to the Community!
I don’t have practice with it but it goes through my mind that maybe it’s related to the dot sign? Maybe try “0,19” instead of “0.19”. I’m not sure if this is it but sometimes simple things creates the issues :slight_smile:

I don’t really have the option to change the way this works, unless it has to be something in the oracle settings that tries to convert numbers wrong :wink:
I had to make changes to make sure language specific letters was readable, perhaps this broke the comma/decimal.

1 Like

Hi @mdiv,

Quite a long time since you posted your question. I am just curious if you found a solution for this strange behaviour for values between 0 and 1.

Currently we have switched one of our robots to use low level access with ODBC connection to Oracle Database and we have exactly same problem.

Googled a lot and haven’t found much. Your suggestions/help highly appriciated.

Greetings,
Maciej

Hi, Sorry to say we never found the reason, we are experiencing the same issue with the instantclient 19 and 21, the solution we use is TO_NUMBER()

1 Like

@mdiv big thanks for your prompt reply. Trick with to_number() works also for us.