Oracle db Connection keep saying: "System.data.oracleclient requires oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater" even though already installed ODAC v12c

i understood your pain. Could you please take help from any IT infrastructure in your company for this issue. Sorry i am not helping you much on this. Thanks.

i found alternative software only 69mb and make sense:

but still:

for a minimal preperation for connections have also a look on the instant client:

if no development tasks are planned, then not additions to VS is needed, can be ticked of
If development tasks are planned, done in VS, then it is also reasonable, that VS is expected before adding the extensions

this instant client?
oracle instant client

no need to do it via nugets

i confused with which version i should get to be honest.
i’ll try with the latest version in basic package variant for windows 32bit

instant client is not installer? because i don’t see any setup.exe

i just extract from the zip and try run the RPA and still keep saying: “System.data.oracleclient requires oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater”

already click that and download this one:

instant client is not installer? because i don’t see any setup.exe

i just extract from the zip (extracted in C: directory) and try run the RPA and still keep saying: “System.data.oracleclient requires oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater”

So no solution for this?

A) current device:

• windows 10 pro 64bit
  • UiPath Studio enterprise 21.10.3
  • i even reinstall the oracle client 12c 32bit and install the oracle client 12c 64bit.
    Result: Oracle db Connection keep saying: “System.data.oracleclient requires oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater” (UiPath in this device is stupid that can’t detect oracle client installed on this device)

B) previous device:

• windows server 2012 R2 64bit
  • UiPath Studio Enterprise 20.10.2
  • without oracle client installed,
    Result: Oracle db Connection keep saying: “System.data.oracleclient requires oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater”
  • Install oracle client 11g 32bit,
    Result: issue solved. (UiPath in this device can detect the oracle client 11g 32bit)

So what’s wrong?

In the end i send support ticket to UiPath:
they give me a pdf file & some links.

I follow their pdf steps, their pdf only didn’t solve my problem.
After that i follow 1 of their links and my issue solved.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.