I’m trying to collect a list of best practices on Java based Oracle automation. Please answer using a similar format:
- Load times for Oracle Java based apps take very long: build a while on a element appear or similar loop breaking, decision. Exit from loop x time
- Some activities on tool will not work (type into for example): used keyboard automations (without selectors)
- Java extension to be installed in UI Studio
- UiExplorer / selectors: good understanding of this tool is a must. Frames must be handled (as they are variable) and eliminated from selector. Go by name of frame and name of field/ role
- In navigators you cannot find selectors. Click text or similar activity is used.
- Built exception handling on steps that open panes/ frames as sometimes app is not responsive and re-try is necessary
What does not work: