Open folder delete rows based on filter

Hello Team,

I am trying to open particular folder and apply filter for each excel sheet and delete particular rows based on filter condition and save file, please suggest where i am going wrong, please find below details.

My requirement is to just delete rows where column “Fare” contains “GDS”
Schedule backup.xaml (11.6 KB) Test1 - 2).xls (32.5 KB) Test1 - 3.xls (32.5 KB) Test1 - 3.xls (32.5 KB) Test1.xls (32.5 KB)
Open Folder
C:\Users\Shivkumar.Atnure\Desktop\Schedule Email storage
Remove row where Column J contains ‘GDS’
Save file and repeat for next sheet. (All test files are stored in folder)

@shivkumar.atnure Are you using Studio or StudioX?

@supermanPunch i am using studio, please let me know if you need any more details

@shivkumar.atnure What Error do you get ?

@supermanPunch i am not getting any error but output is not coming, i am new to this field we can have a zoom audio call if you are ok to discuss, else please check and let me know what can be done.

Shivkumar Atnure is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Shivkumar Atnure’s Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 892 351 4868

@shivkumar.atnure The Expected Output is you want to remove the rows in all the Excel Sheets present in a Folder having the Value GDS in Fare Column, Am I right ?

1 Like

@supermanPunch yes correct

@shivkumar.atnure Can you show me the Extension of the xls files that were downloaded in the Folder ?

@supermanPunch

@shivkumar.atnure Do you need the Format to be Preserved with colors and the Beginning part as it is ? The Excel is a bit Complicated to Filter and remove the rows that are not needed :sweat_smile:

@supermanPunch yes need the format the way it is actually this format is having further dependency on next applications, can we connect if possible ? i can share exact requirements

@shivkumar.atnure Can you Check this Workflow :
Considering that the Sheetnames of Each of the Files will remain the same, and it is either an xlsx or xls File. This workflow should work. But Keep a Backup of your Files before executing it :sweat_smile: .
If you encounter any errors, please post it.

Schedule backup.xaml (19.2 KB)

1 Like

@supermanPunch i think you are really a superman :slight_smile: , i think it is working fine but i changed one small thing, i made a change in column name old column name (J) and new column name ( FARE BASIS CODE) i am getting below error, i have attached original test file, it will be great if we can include column name contains (‘Fare’) since the name is merged in 3 rows, and then filter rows contain GDS then delete row.

(

@shivkumar.atnure If the Only Change that you have done is Change the Column Name J to another name, Do the Same thing wherever I have used “J”, most Probably only in One Assign Activity.
It’s the Assign Statement After the Read Range

1 Like

@supermanPunch i think you are really a superman :slight_smile: , i think it is working fine but i changed one small thing, i made a change in column name old column name (J) and new column name ( FARE BASIS CODE) i am getting below error, i have attached original test file, it will be great if we can include column name contains (‘Fare’) since the name is merged in 3 rows, and then filter rows contain GDS then delete row.

FZ021 DXBBAH 29FEB20 - Passenger Contact .xls (33.5 KB)
(

@shivkumar.atnure Do you have Different Column Names in Different Sheets to Compare or is it the same column name for all the Files ?

Hi it is same column name for all folders

** Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer:**
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose the information in this email or any attachment. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Although reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this email and any attachment does not contain viruses, the sender cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses, infection or other malicious or harmful code. You should ensure that this email and any attachment is virus free and that your systems protect against such threats.

@shivkumar.atnure I have added an Additional For Each Loop to rename the Column Names by Replacing New Line with a Space. I guess it should work. If any errors encountered. Let me know.
Schedule backup.xaml (21.8 KB)

1 Like

@supermanPunch fantastic, this works fine, thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like