"open document error" after renewing community edition

Recently my Community Edition license has expired, I have renewed it on portal, but after that when I try to open UiPath studio, it downloaded dependencies & later showing “Open document error” popup with message “An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart UiPath Studio.”
Note : I am able to create new process, but unable to open projects done in previous version.
Please let me know, how can I open & edit my previous version code.
Thank you.

Its a weird issue, but try to edit the project version in your project.json file… maybe it works but i dont know

Regards,
Pablo

1 Like

I had similar problem, the project.json file was missing in the folder, what i did was I copied project.json file from another project folder and pasted in the folder the project.json filling was missing in and my project started working back again.

.json files are there in the project, in this case there might be some other issue.

Resolved…!! :slight_smile:
I uninstalled the updated Studio (2018.3.0) & installed Studio again with previously downloaded file “UiPathStudioSetup.exe” (2018.2.3).
Now I am able to open & edit my previous projects.
P.S : But, I still don’t understand why the updated version (2018.3.0) couldn’t work for me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I found the new way to retrieve our activities…

just go to Outline pane and select the old activities, then copy it to the new flow chart…

It’s work for me…

thanks,
Michael Udhaya