Open Browser: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension - msedge

Since 1st November 2022, I started getting the following error message on all of my built processes frequently on unattended runs via orchestrator

Open Browser: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.

The Open Browser activity is set to use Microsoft Edge, and I unfortunately am not allowed to change the browser it uses due to company standards

The runs only fail when running them via orchestrator, but the Microsoft Edge extension is installed and the processes run with no issues when triggered manually via assistant or studios

I have already upgraded UiPath.System.Activities and UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities to the latest versions as was suggested from a post on the forums, which unfortunately did not solve the issue

Orchestrator version: 2021.4.1
Studio version: 2021.10.8

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks!

Hi @Ameen_Hartley

Did you try switching to use application/Browser instead of open browser?

and are you getting any screenshots from the bot if yes is there any pop up that the browser extension is disabled

cheers

Hi @Anil_G

There are no screenshots or any errors which suggests the browser extension is disabled - the manual runs via studio and assistant works perfectly fine, and through these runs it was visible that the browser extension is still enabled

I’m not sure why but I’m not able to find an activity named “use application/browser” when I search for it. Is it perhaps in another package I need to install?

Thanks

Hi @Ameen_Hartley

Switch to modern design and you will see it

or
select the filter and select show modern

cheers

I managed to access the activity by switching on Modern Design Experience

I unfortunately won’t have access to that specific Orchestrator where it’s giving issues until next year January. I’ll give more feedback when that time arrives but I’ll continue experimenting in the meantime. Thanks!

1 Like

Application/Browser activity helped perfectly for the problem I was trying to overcome. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.