Open Application - Notepad Problem

Send the TAB + [enter] hotkeys for that window.

Hi,
I am facing a problem with opening notepad, in my recording its opening notepad app but after that nothing going forward. Attaching my ui program. please can anyone help me how to fix this.RecordingSequence5.xaml (19.7 KB)

Thanks,
Katyayani.

Hi guys,
Tried to do as mentioned above, but my Type Into activity does not work.
I think the main problem is the access rights to that folder/file. Tried to do a workaround by giving full control to all apps. Below, you can find the attached errors.
Have a great weekend!

.L. (“FMC Uruguay”).

Hi,

Hope someone can help, sort of related to this but with IF/Else Condition. I encountered this issue when I use IF /ELSE condition. True (Will Open the APP) then False (Will close the APP). The problem is if I put the sequence on the Else statement, It gives me “Selector not found” error. But if I will try it outside the Else statement, the process will execute. Both Closing and Opening the APP inside the Else statement will throw both errors.

Selector Path: <wnd app='winforms_ratchetx.mycrm_x86.exe' ctrlname='Form1' />

@arivu96 How we can know the selector for each operation

How to change it?

StartProcess application works better for me. You only need to put the path of the file to open. No need for selector

2 Likes

Selrac’s tip worked for me! I used the StartProcess application instead of the OpenApplication.

Hey @Prabu_visu

I am newbie in UIpath trying to complete some projects. i am facing problem with opening notepad application. i went through your project and made changes in mine but still getting below error. If anyone can help me over this.

19.5.0+Branch.master.Sha.a03bc4726ca82b7bb3addb0d04106dc150b31fba

Source: Open Application ‘notepad.exe Kipshita’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kipshita

your solution worked for me also, thanks.

Hi,

How to write into the notepad which got opened by Open Application activity?

Hi @Gnana_Soundari

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Please check out our Foundation Training on the Academy to learn the basics :slight_smile:

Hi Margotkho,

I was in the same situation as you.
The solution is to open a .txt file first can we select it through indicate window function.

Good Luck!

Hi, you need edit selector for “type into”

<wnd app='notepad.exe' cls='Notepad' title='NewTextDoc*' />
<wnd aaname='Horizontal' cls='Edit' />
<ctrl role='editable text' />

@arivu96 newbie here. I appreciate you providing the selector yet I would like to understand if this is something we need to provide every time we use the “Open Application” activity or if this is automatically filled when using the “indicate on screen” alternative as opposed to inputing manually the path of the application under FileName?

I know this was two years ago but, thank you so much anyway! I have been having a lot of trouble with this. The tutorials simply will not work unless the notepad application is already running. Adding the Open Application activity didn’t work for me until you cleared up the selector input for me.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks @selrac . Your tip worked for me.

you did it man.