Open all hyperlinks in webpage table element

I’m preparing a rather long automation that involves looping over several hundred webpages and sub-pages to extract a particular piece of text from each.

Here is one such page. This is the result of a search query in a public database. The query depends on search date and locality. Notice that there is a table with dates on the first column, some of which have a corresponding hyperlink on the second column. Opening any of these hyperlinks navigates to a new page, itself containing a list of hyperlinks. The objective is to loop over each of these hyperlinks on the sub-page. As the sub-pages are very similar to the parent page, the same solution can probably be applied to both, so let us simplify the problem by considering only the parent page linked above. The question is then, how to get each of the hyperlinks on that page?

What I’ve tried:

• Use Find Children on the table element, with input filter “” and scope FindScope.FIND_DESCENDANTS.
    However this doesn’t work, because the element selector is using the element name and page url. But I have hundreds of similar pages with slightly different urls and element aaname, which depend on the original search parameters (date and locality). So I need a selector that depends only on tag type or other agnostic parameters and I can’t figure out what to use.

If anyone can provide clues or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

Did we try with data scrapping which would give us url as well as a column value

@mleao

Both Find Children and Data Scraping suffer the same problem. I need to define a selector for the table element for either to work. But the page url and table id are both dynamic. I’m struggling to define a selector that will work.

The page has only a single table element, so it should be simple to uniquely identify it. I’m just not very familiar UiPath selectors and when I try to remove the id and url it invalidates the selector for me.

If anyone can help me define the selector for the table element on that page in the original post, I’d much appreciate it.

I managed to solve this problem by using the wildcard symbol ‘*’ to replace the tail of the URL that depended on the search parameters. The UI Explorer is a bit finicky at first but you get the hang of it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.