Open a Excel by Clicking a link in PDF

Hi I need to open a excel file from a PDF by clicking on a link and need to save the excel file in a folder. I tried to do it through using Start process and opening PDF and used click activities to open the PDF. But is there any back end process to do the same steps instead of opening the PDF. Can any one help me out from this to perform the steps in back end.

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

Pls check this thread

Cheers @Shiva_Kata

Hi I am unable to open the above link can you please share the XAML file if possible.

Hi @Shiva_Kata !

Welcome to UiPath Community :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s not a xaml file, but a nuget package (nupkg): ExtractPdfAttachmentsActivities.1.0.2.nupkg (4.9 KB)
To be able to use this nuget package, here is the way:

1. Go to UiPath Studio and click on Manage packages, then parameters, then find where Studio gets its local path:
  2. Open a Windows explorer, and copy paste this local path, you’ll find a place where all nupkg are stocked:

Then you just have to add the nupkg here (you might need administrator rights to add the nupkg file)

Then you can come back to your Studio project, and in Manage packages, in All Packages if you write the name of the nupkg you’ll find it. Then you can click on install, save.

Then check if your Output panel gives any error (red messages are error messages, orange messages are warnings, grey messages are log messages).
In my case for instance, I discover that the package ExtractPdfAttachments.nupkg depends on another package:

The name of the package is Syncfusion.Pdf.WinForms. To find this package, you need to go to this page: https://www.nuget.org/
And write the package we are missing (Syncfusion.Pdf.WinForms), in the error message no specific version was specified, so I can take the highest version of the package:

Click on download, and don’t forget to check if this package has also other dependencies. If yes (like in this case), add also these 2 nupkg to your Studio local path as earlier (and these 2 packages might need other dependencies etc)

Everytime you add a nupkg, in your Studio local path, don’t forget to click on manage packages, install the package, and check the output to see if there are any errors or other dependencies that you need to add.

Once you have added all the needed packages, you can on activities panel have the access to the activity and use it !

Let us know if you need more details :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi Heba_B thanks for your help i am able to download the package but the PDF is password protected. But in activity there is no option to add the password in the properties panel. Can you please suggest on this.

Sure, before using Extract Pdf Attachments activity, you can use this snippet (xaml file): Novigo Solutions - Remove PDF File Password - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace

Let us know if it does not work as expected ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

With your use case, I ended up creating an article to help the others on the same topic.
So thank you for the community !!!

Hi Heba_B,

Please find the below exception message which i am getting in the studio while running the process. Please help me out from this error.

Variable_Screenshot

Hum maybe you should also add as nugget packages the list given (Syncfusion.Pdf.Parsing.PdfLoadedDocument, etc)

If the error persists even if you downloaded and loaded all the npkg, you should leave directly a message to the one that created the component, here

After using the snippet of remove PDF File password - Rpa component, the attachment in the pdf file is corrupted. Any solution