On Image Appear - Timeout Issue

I am trying to create a simple workflow that launches a URL using Chrome, wait for an image to appear, and then take a screenshot. The issue I am facing is that after launching the URL using Chrome, the “On Image Appear” activity times out almost immediately after the Chrome instance is launched.

I have seen some suggestions online saying to increase Timeout and adjust WaitForReady, so I did to 20000 (20 secs) and COMPLETE respectively but have had no luck.

Error:
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.Activities.ActivityTimeoutException: Activity timeout exceeded
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@rmosqueda
welcome to the forum

start with first analysis:

• open manually browser with the url
  • validate the selector to the image (On Image Appear)

in case of failure repair or set again

Hi @ppr

I can confirm that opening the browser with the respective URL isn’t the cause of the issue as I can open the URL manually.

I read some more on my issue online and decided to switch to “On Element Appear” and the same issue is occurring. You can see in the screenshot below that the selector editor is successfully highlighting to correct element. This is why I am confused, all seems to check out except the process actually running.

the manually opening was intended to refresh by scratch the page (including e.g. new generated elements / ids). As we have to analyze by remote we do not know all details and cannot inspect it.

Changing from image appear to element appear makes sense, as we can see in the selector a div element and not an image.

However it looks like you are trying to sync the bot on the page loading. As an alternate to element appears we got reliable results with following alternate:

• use a retry scope activity
  • on condition use an element exists and set it to an element triggering very well the loading / ready to use state.

Just give a try and let us know the result