On Element Appear Activity Errors out if window is minimized

Hello guys. Hoping someone can help me figure this out.

I built a screen scraping tool with UiPath which requires certain elements to be loaded on the page first before screen scraping can be initiated.

I used the On Element Appear activity for this which works fine when the entire webpage/window is visible. Because we require this tool to run in the background, minimizing the webpage window or opening other applications on top of the web page makes the On element appear activity time out.

I also tried to set WaitVisible as False but that did not work.

Is there any way around this? Looking forward to your responses. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @ceceliaa34

I hope you disabled both wait for visible and wait for active?

Thanks
#nK

before that actiivity execute activate window with using activate window activity

@ceceliaa34 This is error is expected. During bot execution if we distract the execution by opening another application or another tab on top it, it cannot interact with the UI elements and it will fail

If you want to run the process by itself then it is better to take unattended robot license and can schedule the process. If not it then it would be better not to distract the execution until it completes

FYI - There is also something called back ground process automation in UiPath but UI activities should not be used since it cannot interact with application in background

Hi, this seemed to fix the issue. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.