OCR doesn't work in Computer vision

I’m using the default Microsoft OCR, and the Tesseract OCR gives the same error.

Try to configure everything as in the screenshots. Hopefully it’ll work!

1 Like

I’ve done all these settings with Microsoft OCR, and scales from 1 to 5 and more. But all the same.

Having the same issue

@Josh_Shapiro @Tung_Lam_Nguyen, could you tell us the versions for Studio, ComputerVision activities, UIAutomation package?

Studio 2019.7.0 Community stable
CV 2.0.0
UIAutomation 19.7.0
UiPath.Vision 1.6.1
OCR.Contracts 2.0.0

With the new CV 2.0.1, the result is the same.
I’ve tried on different computers. And this issue seems to happen not only to me.
Here are dependencies:
Denpendencies
and the workflow:
Main.xaml (23.6 KB)

Hi!

Can you please try to set language for Microsoft OCR to “en” and see if it solves the issue?

1 Like

We’re trying to get to the bottom of this but we can’t really reproduce it.

So a couple of questions:
What’s the value of the Language parameter in the OCR?
What does the content of the Scope look like, is it a whole window or just a small portion, like a textfield?

If you can describe all the steps to reproduce this, it would help.

also, what windows version are you running?

Windows 7 and Windows server 2012

I am getting the same issue. OCR works fine with regular screen scraping though.

But using it in CV Screen scope throws this error. Is it related to being behind a firewall?

It is not related to firewall. It is need to deal with respective OCR engine.
OCR engine is not available.

@SurajK How do I fix it? I tried with all the OCR engines available. The same engines work fine with regular OCR screen scraping.

The problem is partly solved in this topic Computer Vision / OCR configuration error

Hi All,

I tried to automate using CV, but I am getting the same error as it is mentioned above, Is there any proper way to resolve the issue?

UiPath: Community Version 2019.8
AI.ComputerVision 2.1.0
UIAutomation 19.8.0

It would be great if there is any proper solution for this. Thank You!

Hi All,

I am unable to fix this issue even after disabling Uipath.vision activity. Also, used Google/Tesseract OCR, still facing the same error as OCR retirned no results.

Its really frustrating me to fix asap.

I am also facing this same problem. I’ve tried in several ways, but to no avail. My studio version is 2020.4.0 and the project dependencies are the most recent

Please post the workflow here if this is still relevant