Object reference not set to an instance of an object when assigning out_TransactionID: Calculate Client Security Hash

Hello!

I’m currently working through the Calculate Client Security Hash project and am encountering some difficulties when running the project.

It seems to get stuck on the GetTransactionData.xaml with the above error:

This is what I have assigned to the out_TransactionID.

Is there anything obvious I have missed that would be causing this error.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @lenium,

This error is due to the out_transactionId is coming empty or null and it can’t be assigned.
Check using write line activity, that value is coming or not, try using write line activity before the activity where you are getting error.

2 Likes

Hi @raj.parsana

I tried putting a write line how you said and ran it in debugging mode also and found that the error seems to occur when I tried to check the write line of the WIList.Count which makes me think maybe the WIList is empty?

I’ve gone back to my Extract Data workflow and can confirm the data scraping is working because it is writing the info to a table and my assign activity looks correct for selecting the write data so I’m not sure what else to check.

Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thank you

Hello @lenium,

Please check mapping between the workflows, the mistake must be in passing arguments between workflows

2 Likes