Number of months

Hi,

I download the xlsx table with data from maximal last 12 months (eg. from 11.2018 to 10.2019 - 12 months). Of course it is possible that period of data will be shorter (eg. 02.2019 to 10.2019 - 9 months). To my analisys I have to count number of months in the table (to calculate average numbers of data for one month). Format date is XXXX-MM-DD.

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Hi @Krzysztof,
How about adding a data column, where you place the month for each date (yourDate.Month) as a string. Then, you count unique values? For my test I placed four dates in a column and it correctly identified 3 unique months.MonthCount.xaml (11.4 KB) example.xlsx (10.0 KB)

Awesome, glad it worked for you :slight_smile:

I do not know why but my result is always +1.
Finally to numberRows I assign uniqueDT.Rows.count() -1 and I get right result. Of course your example is right.

I wonder if you somewhere count in the headers accidentally…

Perhaps. I which activity I can check it?

Normally, this option is offered by “Read Range” - “AddHeaders”. I have it ticked to test my sample, but I don’t know how your whole workflow and excel report look like, and how you assign your data table…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.