Now in preview: Elastic Robot Orchestration!

We’re excited to introduce a new Automation Cloud™ feature in public preview today: Elastic Robot Orchestration.

Elastic Robot Orchestration offers an easy way for Automation Cloud™ Orchestrator customers to provision, scale and optimize unattended robots in their own public clouds. It is designed to lower your cloud costs through more efficient use of VM’s by only provisioning and starting robots when there is work for them to do – and stopping them when there isn’t. Elastic Robot Orchestration is also designed to automate more of the maintenance overhead associated with running robots by keeping robots in those VM’s up to date.

Per our distribution process, Automation Cloud for community users will receive this preview release immediately; if you are an Automation Cloud for enterprise customer you are welcome to try it in preview too – please request that it be enabled via the UiPath Insider Program, as preview features are not automatically enabled for enterprise customers. We expect Elastic Robot Orchestration to come out of preview during Q2.

In public preview, Elastic Robot Orchestration works with Microsoft Azure. We plan to support AWS additionally at launch and Google Cloud soon after. Elastic Robot Orchestration will be delivered as a new feature (and new value!) in the Automation Cloud Orchestrator, with no additional licensing required. It will manage as many cloud-orchestrated unattended robots as you ask it to, up to the number your tenant is licensed for.

Will this change my current environment if I do nothing?

No, Elastic Robot Orchestration is an additional option at no additional cost, but unless you configure and implement it, your cloud-orchestrated unattended Robots will happily continue working exactly as before.

What do I need to use Elastic Robot Orchestration (preview)?

If you run Automation Cloud™ today, you probably already have these 2 pre-requisites:

• Orchestrator in the Automation Cloud™
  • One or more cloud-orchestrated Unattended Robot licenses

Additionally, you will need:

• A Microsoft Azure tenant (AWS and Google Cloud options will be available later) where the Unattended Robot(s) will run
  • An image that will we use to create VM’s at runtime on your cloud. Details are in the full documentation here

Please note that Elastic Robot Orchestration is not available for on-premises Orchestrator, and it does not manage robots installed on-premises (but, see Unattended Robot Auto scaling below – we have you covered!).

How do I set up Elastic Robot Orchestration for preview?

There are a few steps. Please see the full documentation here

Is this different to the Unattended Robot Auto Scaling add-on in the UiPath marketplace?

Yes. If you are familiar with Unattended Robot Auto Scaling, Elastic Robot Orchestration has a similar focus but is a more turnkey, less-customizable solution built directly into Automation Cloud. Unattended Robot Auto Scaling, by contrast, is an extremely customizable add-on solution for customers who want deep flexibility in their IT Automation. It works with Orchestrator in both the Automation Cloud and on-premises, but does require more initial design and configuration.

By offering both these options, we aim to meet the needs of all our customers, whether Automation Cloud or on-premises, and whether their objective is simplicity or flexibility.

We hope you find Elastic Robot Orchestration (preview) useful. Thanks for reading and for being a UiPath customer!

36 Likes

Great work team! thrilled by this announcement. Perfect way to scale unattended robots, already on my way in getting this implemented

2 Likes

Please let us know what you liked and what can be improved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As we move to work with UiPath as our future RPA software, can you provide real live examples of how Elastic Robot Orchestration has been deployed into production and been beneficial in Azure? It may be worth an online connect, let me know.

What is Ui Path please guide me

Hi @kitchenfa2021 ,

Welcome to the Uipath Community !

Best place to start : academy.uipath.com

:point_right:To know what is RPA

:point_right:To know where to start RPA Journey

This is a live conversation you can listen and you might find some of answers
:point_right: #Video Link : https://lnkd.in/em7-g6K
Discussion : Answer to the Basic Queries

Thanks,
Mukesh Kala

hi kitchenfa,