Notepad issues

Hello RPA developer. How to keep notpad open while robot is writing something in notepad so that human can see whatever the thing is written by the robot.

When I open the notpad and start writing text on notpad by robot, the text is not displaying. It is displaying only after I close and reopen the notepad.

1 Like

@Ugyen_Penjor1

Use Start Process activity and pass text file path and then use Type Into activity to write into text file.

1 Like

Thank for suggestion but what I want is, I want to write text on text file using write text activity so that I can append line when I write next text.

1 Like

@Ugyen_Penjor1

Sorry. We don’t have any option to make it visible when writing text into text file using Write Text File activity.

1 Like

Its okay. Never mind. Thanks for your suggestion.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Buddy its possible, we have an activity called ACTIVATE where you can mention the application window as a element and keep that before writing text with write text activity and you can see the window coming in foreground so that you can see what is been typed, but keep in ind that make the selectors in activate activity by replacing dynamic attributes with wildcard * buddy
Kindly try this and let know
Cheers @Ugyen_Penjor1

1 Like

Can you please let me know how to replace dynamic attributes with wild card. I will be much grateful to you.:blush:

Fine buddy select the element in activate activity and show me the selector buddy as a screen sho, lets sort this out
@Ugyen_Penjor1
Cheers

1 Like

Main.xaml (4.0 KB)

This is the file I am working one buddy. Your help means a lot to me.

Actually this is the screenshot of what I am doing. Please help me bro to bring me this to foreground so that I can see.