Not able to use click activity in v2018.3.0


I want to use the click activity but after clicking on Indicate on screen getting following error

Someone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanking you in advance :slight_smile:


Please check out appropriate package and add it from package manager(Ctrl+P).
That will fix this issue. If you wanted to find out your package names, check out .Json file in your backup if available.

Thank you for the quick response :slight_smile:
I tried it but I am not able to download the package, getting below error


We have detected dependecy cycles. Installation cannot continue.

Cycle 1:
UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities depends on current project (UIPath), current project (UIPath) depends on UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities


is this project migrated from a previous version?

Yes, I have developed few things in the previous version and suddenly getting these kind of errors.

But the interesting fact is one of my colleague is having the same version of UIPath i.e V2018.3.0 and code is running on his system.

Hi @surajhy

Could you try reproducing the issue with the bit of workflow in a freshly created project directly in Studio 2018.3?
If that does not help, a clean installation of Studio 2018.3 should do the trick.

I tried it with new version.
I re-install the v2018.3.0 and created the included the ope browser activity but still getting the same error.

Could you maybe attach the sample of the problematic project? You can create a new project and only add the bits that directly cause the issue.
We will look into it.

Please find the attached sample project.
Test.xaml (5.1 KB)

Just a thought, could you try removing the .json file from the project folder and then opening it?
It might help to regenerate the project files.

Still getting an error :frowning:

It is strange, because the workflow works for me without an issue.
However, I was able to reproduce your error by simply creating a new project that is called “UiPath”. It throws the exact same error as for you.

It seems to happen when the name of the project in your .json file is equal to the string “UiPath”.

We will investigate a bit more, your issue seems related to the thread over here.

1 Like

@loginerror You have tagged my issue here and this issue with my issue posting.
That does’t make any solution. :slight_smile:

I simply wanted to link these two threads without merging them just yet. They seem to be related.

@loginerror @rkelchuri

The issue is resolved now. I just renamed my project name from UIPath to UIPath Automation and I am able to run the open browser activity. :slight_smile:

But I am still worried like why naming convention is impacting to the open browser activity

See full answer here :slight_smile:

1 Like

@loginerror @rkelchuri Thank you so much for your valuable time :slight_smile: