Not able to store body of mail

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.

instead of output write message… can you try with Message Box option to see output.

Also empty: image.
I have this problem for the body, but also for getting attachments out of mails…

pick different old email and mark as unread and try again.

I have tried several times, just retried now, all body output/message boxes/text files remain blank. :frowning:

try in different machine… may be issue with your outlook setup.
But your script is working perfectly fine.

@rkelchuri

Thanks for all your help, but this also did not work on the other machine. :frowning:

@loginerror hello Maciej, Could you please show some light on this… why @yannip is not able to get his email body… while using getoutlook mail message activity.

Hi @yannip

What is your version of the Mail package? Could you try with the newest version (or even with the most recent pre-release one)?

Hi @loginerrorr,
Because of this issue, I reinstalled it a couple of days ago as well…
Is this the latest version? How do I get the most recent pre-release one if this is not the most recent one?

To get the pre-release ones, you can check this box in the Package Manager:

The newest, non-alpha/beta version is this one and was published yesterday:

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t see it there:

You are on 2.4 not 18.3 v

Indeed, you will need to add a beta feed to be able to see the beta packages (and 1.2.6862.29899 is, in fact, a beta package).

The feed url to be added:
https://www.myget.org/F/uipath

Hi @loginerror, @rkelchuri,

The issue remains after having the updated UIpath version.
Could it be something with the settings of my microsoft outlook account? Can I use something else then “get outlook mail messages”?

Let me be clear, the version of UiPath Studio should not have anything to do with the package version. This is why the modular approach is so important - Activity packages can be used independent of the Studio.

It is important for you to test the newest beta packages of the Mail activity :slight_smile:

In the meantime, the issue you mentioned is being investigated on our side and we will try to reproduce your issue.
Could you provide any information whether this was working in the past and broke recently for you? Maybe with an update to Outlook?

Hi @loginerror

I don’t know. It is the first time I am using the mail package activities.
I am using it since somewhere last week.
To summarize, I can get the subject and the header but I cannot get the body/the attachments.
I’m not aware of an update of outlook in the meantime.

Hi @loginerror

I noticed that we are actually using Microsoft Outlook Exchange 365.
Should I then use the get outlook mail message activity or the get exchange mail message activity?

I tried with the exchange mail message activity but then I get the following error:

It should be GetOutllookEmail activity only for MSOffice 365

Hi @loginerror, I know you probably need more time to align internally - but do you perhaps already have an update?

I would like this opportunity to ask the following: I was wondering if you know any possible ways to use “outlook macro’s” to read the body or save the attachments in a variable way, from where I could then pick them up with the bot? Let’s say if the attachment filename is WI 2000.xlsx it should open the folder “Downloads\WI 2000\save file here”.

Regards