Not Able to Pass Stored Variable to Select Item in the Dropdown List

Hi everyone,

I am trying to select an item (a stored varaible) from the dropdown list on a browser.

However, I met the error below:

Here is the flow and the dropdown list I am working on:

How can I let the UiPath Studio select the item that is stored in the variable CustomerSegment?

Thanks in advance.

Or how can I pass a stored variable in the dynamic selector of Click activity. I was not able to achieve this.

try type into activity instead of select item

Here is what I tried:

And the result I got:

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

My stored variable region is in the format of A_123; however the entire item under the dropdown list is in the format of A_123 + Name. The Name is the person who is responsible for that A_123 region and is different for each region.

How could this be achieved?

hi @Rebecca_Liao can I know where u can retrieve the name ?

@Rebecca_Liao

The problem is your are passing CustomerSegment Instead of CUSTOMER_SEGMENT, If you want to select CUSTOMER_SEGMENT and your input is CustomerSegment for that then make a IF condition and name = CustomerSegment then Assign a variable as CUSTOMER_SEGMENT

I hope this may helps you

Thanks

Hi,

oh sorry. For the customer segment one, you are correct.
I changed it into a Type into activity and it works perfectly fine now.

The one I am trying to figure out right now is the above REP ID one:

All the items in the dropdown list is in the format of {{my stored variable}} + name. My stored variable is the REP_ID and the name is corresponding to each ID and I cannot retrieve them from other places.

The problem is that I only know substring of the dropdown list item. The substring is unique.

Hope this explanation helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The customer segment one is settled now.

The one I am trying to figure out right now is the above REP ID:

All the items in the dropdown list is in the format of {{my stored variable}} + name. My stored variable is the REP_ID and the name is corresponding to each ID and I cannot retrieve them from other places.

The problem is that I only know substring of the dropdown list item. The substring is unique.

In this case, how can I select the dropdown list item that contains the unqie substring?

Hope this explanation helps.

When u type that substring are I getting the option which u want to select @Rebecca_Liao

@Rebecca_Liao

In this case you can use Get Attributes activity and in Attribute type “items”

now select Item
GETATTRIBUTESVARIABLE.Where(Function(x) x.ToUpper.Contains(YOURVALUE).Tostring.ToUpper)).ToString

This will selects the value even the part value is match

Mark as solution if this helps

Thanks