Not able to add Chrome extension…which is evidently blocked by policy?

Hello, not able to add Chrome extension…which is evidently blocked by policy? What does that mean, and how do I get it “unblocked” so I can complete my “unicorn name” exercise?

1 Like

Hi @NathanSommers

Could you provide more details?

Basically, it could be that you cannot change your browser’s settings due to your company restrictions. The way to resolve it would be to contact your IT department.

We have contacted our IT department at the Dept. of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection, but have not had an answer. The three of us who are in the “Reboot Your Skills” curriculum are unable to finish the modules that involve access to the Chrome extension, and as such are behind in the week 1 curriculum. We are trying to do some of the other modules, but will not be marked as complete for this week, due to the restrictions. We may need assistance getting a waiver for this module, so that we can continue the upcoming weeks. Our IT department has been very slow to respond to our request. Please let us know what our options are for continuing the curriculum. Hopefully, not many modules in weeks 2-4 require Chrome extension. We are as surprised as anyone that we could not add that to UiPath Studio.

1 Like

I see. Could you maybe provide a screenshot of the issue when you try to install the extension?
(full error message would be nice to see)

As far as any changes to the course itself, I believe it should still allow you to progress. Maybe @oana.chisalom will be able to answer that question.

Hi Nathan! I am usually able to work with Studio and StudioX without a problem when I’m using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, Edge or any other browser. Could you try doing that and let me know if it worked?

2 Likes

Hello Oana,

We will try that….thanks!

v/r,

Nathan Sommers

Management Analyst

Strategic Transformation Office (STO)

Office of Human Resources Management

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Mail to:
nathan.a.sommers@cbp.dhs.gov

image001.png

Confidentiality Notice* : This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that may be confidential, legally protected, privacy relevant, proprietary in nature or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. If you received
this message in error, you are hereby notified that reading, sharing, copying or distributing this message or its contents is prohibited. Please reply to me and delete all copies of the message.*

Good morning Maciej,

Here is the screenshot of the problem as requested.

Thanks!

Not sure what Oana meant by using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, Edge, etc. There is no extension for these listed in UiPath. Is Internet Explorer a default setting/extension?

Thanks!

Hello Oana,

Nope, didn’t work. Can’t choose an application, and my design activities list Excel File card and Appication card, not matching what’s in the video.

I can’t get any further….thanks!

Hi @NathanSommers - can’t help with the Excel bit but I had the same error message when installing Chrome extension. My IT dept came back with a flat No to my request to allow it. I just didn’t install Chrome and used Internet Explorer to complete Week 1. Try launching the unicorn URL in Internet Explorer, keep that open while you go back into Studio X to hit “Indicate Application/Browser”.

1 Like

Hi @NathanSommers - could you please go to “manage packages” and update all the packages there to the latest version be sure to check “include Prerelease” - that should give you the Use Application/Excel scope.

As to using the inter explorer - you are correct IE can be used natively without installing any extensions.

Hello Frank,

I have done what was advised. However, the “save” radio button is obscured and will not save my changes (see below). Thanks!

v/r,

Nathan Sommers

Management Analyst

Strategic Transformation Office (STO)

Office of Human Resources Management

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Mail to:
nathan.a.sommers@cbp.dhs.gov

image001.png

Confidentiality Notice* : This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that may be confidential, legally protected, privacy relevant, proprietary in nature or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. If you received
this message in error, you are hereby notified that reading, sharing, copying or distributing this message or its contents is prohibited. Please reply to me and delete all copies of the message.*

Hi @NathanSommers - when you open the manage packages please check under settings if the “official” repository is there and select it.

If so then please select for example the UiAutomationNext activities and check if there is a newer version available. If so please select it and then click update. After that the save button will become available.

more information is available here - Managing Activities Packages

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.