No robot available for use

Hello,

Regarding the message “No Robot available to use for user” . This is not an error, is the intended behavior, and happens when there are multiple users defined on a machine, the machine is connected to orchestrator, but in orchestrator you don’t have a robot defined for each user. Execution will work only for the users that are defined in orchestrator. In the future the message will be more clear.
To avoid this you have following options:

1. Add a robot for each user in Orchestrator
  2. Disconnect from orchestrator.

Let me know if this helps,
Thanks

4 Likes

I was checking the Forum for this issue and Cosmin’s posting helped me resolving the issue. Thanks Cosmin

@badita @cosmin.sandulescu this problem is still pretty hard to debug.

Couple of points:

1. If the username and password combo is not correct I don’t think you should be able to initially provision the robot
  2. Can we get more helpful error messages rather than this robot is not defined - when it clearly is.
  3. More info about the correct domain name to use would be helpful (perhaps in Studio or the system tray panel)

Reading Cosmin’s comments it seems Orchestrator thinks there are multiple users but that’s not the case. I am the only user on my machine. I’m wondering whether it’s related to having previously registered using the trial version rather than CE.

Hoping to resolve this in the morning so I’ll provide an update.

My colleague @alp.uguray is also encountering this now. We think it’s something to do with the way UiPath is or has previously registered against the Administrator account of the machine.

I just did a full uninstall of CE including local, roaming and program data and still getting the error. I have never logged on to this machine as an Administrator (I am local admin).

Thank you Richard. I am struggling with the same issue right now. I was checking the logs and it seems to be an error caused by not recognizing the UiRobot at all:
12:35:33.2848 Error {“message”:“[State Machine Top Level Error ] Orchestrator information is not available. Please check if UiPath Robot Service is started.”

My understanding is that my account domain\ALP.UGURAY is not connected because the administrator account in the laptop X-US-1 is connected. I suspect that It may be an issue based on the account privileges on the laptop itself or the way UiRobot is set up between accounts.

Hey,

When i am trying to run the jobs manually through the orchestrator, it shows no robots available. What could be done to resolve this.Please help somebody.

Probably forgot to add your Robots to Environment.

Umm no…My robot is probably connected to the environment. I have re-checked it.
Could there be some other reason???

@badita @richarddenton any guesses on this?

In Orchestrator go to Robots section and make sure your robot is in Available status.
Then in the same section switch to Environments view, open your environment and make sure your robot is added to it.

If you’re unsure on the steps, check orchestrator.uipath.com and/or Orchestrator training in the Academy.

If all above is fulfilled and still not working, please add screenshots of those (hide confidential things if needed).

@andrzej.kniola I am attaching the screenshots now. Please take a look and suggest what could be wrong.

Attended robots cannot be started from Orchestrator.

oh…!! so i should use unattended one?

Yes, or if its for training purposes use DevTest/Free (dont remember how its called now).

please follow the below procedure you will get to know about the intimation “” 'No robot available for use. remove configuration link and try again

Cosmin is correct. Wondering if there is any other way to use(testing flows) UiPath studio connected to orchestrator with different user

Thanks,
Sumesh
Motorola Solutions