No robot available for use

orchestrator
studio

hi

After i Connected the the Robot to orchestrator at https://demo.uipath.com

i can no longer run any process in studio, It gives a error 'No robot available for use"

I have the latest trial version installed. what is the issue , i tested with windows 7 and windows 10.

@badita

Stuck in UiDemo exercise for Advanced Level training

Hey @george

Will you please follow this link and cross checked that you have followed those sequential steps or not?

and let me know :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

Done exactly that, the robot is registered with orchestrater, and it can be triggered from orchestrator and it runs. However i can no longer Debug or run the process in the studio. it throws an error as pop up screen
"[Window Title]
UiPath Studio Error

[Main Instruction]
No robot available for user JOHNN

[OK]

as soon as i disconnect the Robot from the orchestrator the proccess can run when i press the play button or in debug in studio.

Log File shows this error:

21:40:59:244 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [85] System.ServiceModel.FaultException: No robot available for user JOHNN

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteContract.StartJob(Stream jobInfo)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunWorkflow()
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__73_0(Object param)
at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)

@badita
@aksh1yadav

Please check that the file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiStudio.settings exists and/or
or reinstall Studio.

i think the problem is a Microsoft account is used instead of a local account.

For example xxxxxx.yyyyyy@outlook.com = WindowsUsername

Hmm, could you please try Store Credantials from the Robot Tray?

According to my past experiences with Orchestrator this generally occures or credentials mis-match and have you tried once again those steps and cross check and let me know :slight_smile:

or if you will still face that issues that let us know the steps you have followed ? so will be helpful to assist you on this.

Regards…!!
Aksh

Robots not available in academy2016.uipath.com

I think the robot is not defined on Orchestrator

Might be - but the change in 2016.2 (at least for me, might’ve missed it) has came a little unexpected. From what I’ve seen as well, if connected to Orchestrator you cannot run anything (Studio included) from logins that are not in the Orchestrator.
This is straightforward for unattended runs, would make sense even for running from tray. But the fact that it also affects Studio was quite a surprise.

Just To confirm, it was a login Issue, username can not be the outlook.com username used to loginto windows 10, it needed to be the actual name of the user which was odd, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

There are security issues.

When running from Studio you access queues, assets depending on the username/robot you’re using accessing the server. Therefore a login in required.

Now, if you have a process that runs locally just disconnect from the Orchestrator.

Neverending security vs convenience… :slight_smile:

In the UserGuide currently there is this paragraph:
Note: If you register Studio as a Robot to Orchestrator, but do not provide the correct credentials in the Username and Password fields, you cannot run workflows.

Could it be made clearer there that when connected, only registered usernames are able to run any workflow (from Studio included)? As it stands now it’s easy to read it as a trivial user error warning (wrong creds -> won’t start, very likely to not see a change there at all compared to previous versions).

While this change has it’s merit, it would be nice that these kind of changes would be more visible in the documentation, as it can impact maintenance/debug processes - not high impact, but a little panic moment can definitely ensue :wink:

Uninstall Uipath Studio and re-install, this will fix the issue.
Possiblly ‘C:\Users\vijpaul\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiStudio.settings’ has issues or is missing.

Regards

Yeh I think it is to do with credentials because my robot was provisioned as usual but I had this error. I then reset the settings in system tray and it worked fine. I agree with Andrzej that this could be clearer - e.g. Robot config in Orchestrator is incorrect due to wrong credentials, this would also help debug in Orchestrator as you would know that the credentials are incorrect as opposed to something else.

The good news is that I searched the forum and found an answer straight away! :smiley:

Hi badita,

how ii can install C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiStudio.settings

Hello,

I have similar issue now. On a single machine with one , I have installed UiPath, but when i log in with another account and try to access UiPath, it says “No Robot available to use for user”. I just want to run those robots via studio as of now locally. Can someone please help me, how to fix this? I dont have access to the link mentioned above. i.e.

Hello, I am also facing the same issue… After reading some posts here … C:\ProgramData\UiPath this is the location of my application. Should it be uninstalled ?? @badita as your comment read (Please check that the file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiStudio.settings exists and/or
or reinstall Studio.)

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password in orchestrator

@qateam @richarddenton do you have any steps on how is this repro and what is the workaround?

I am currently using the trial version of Uipath studio and testing the app for automating our companies internal process. Our IT team has opened the port for me so that i can schedule the job using orchestrator, In the dashboard or in the robots menu the my machine/robot is shown as available, but when i run the job i am getting this error " Unable to Connect to remote server".
The Uipath service is running, Is this because i would require access to any ip or is there any access to be given from Uipath team ?? Please can you help me out.

https://forum.uipath.com/t/no-robot-available-for-use/2297/3