No package available in uipath

Hello. Very new to using UiPath Studio.

A business user wants to use a rpa to automate some daily work from a commodities software package. However, there is no package for this particular piece of software therefore, there’s no way of creating a RPA? Am i understanding the situation correctly here?

1 Like

Hey @ed_ch

Sorry, unable to get your point on the software package.

Kindly explain more.

Just to explain in general, if the person is doing the process manually in an application then yes UiPath can also do the same.

Thanks
#nK

To clarify, let’s say I created a software program called “hotdog prices in the world” and it returns prices in various countries. Rather than do repetitive data entry, can I use uipath to automate the data entry from the hotdog price software into a spreadsheet?

I was under the impression I would have to install a relevant dependency from “Manage packages” (ie. UiPath.Hotdog.Prices.in.World.activities) to even start building a RPA.

1 Like

Hey @ed_ch

Nope, There is no need to create and install a package for your software. Btw that’s just one of the method to do.

You can simply start building UiAutomation like how exactly do that repetitive basis.

I request you to first just go with recording option in UiPath which will help you record some small steps and run that as an automation.

So basically bot will open application as you do and type the hotdog into the application as you do and then fetch the price displayed as you do to write in either a spreadsheet or any source.

Ref - About Recording

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK