No input from Web login with 'Type secure text'

Scenario: Login to secure website

Steps to reproduce: GetSecureCredentials assigns password and email variables. Recording of web browser locates and pasts email and password and pastes the variables.

Current Behavior: Variables are assigned (email=String, passworld=secureString), email is pasted into website but password field remains empty.

Expected Behavior: Core.Activities.TypeSecureText should paste a password into the password field on the website.

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: Studio 2016.2.6274 Trial

Last stable behavior: N/A
Last stable version: N/A
OS Version: Windows10
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):No error messages occure.

Hi,

as ur saying it secure website, not sure you can upload workflow .It would be very helpful if u upload your workflow to analyse .Else please do this.

1. Please pass your pwd field in writeline activity and see you get the result in output pane. Else
  2. Please uncheck the simulatekey field property from the “TypeInto” Activity and give a try.

Hi, I will upload an excerpt with the credentials script. I also trield to uncheck simulatekey.
The behavior I upload will write the username to the log window and type “passworld” into notepad. But the password i still missing.

Decrypt SecureString.xaml (7.1 KB)

Hi,
Yep its not able to paste the password.
I’m trying to replicate the same scenario by adding “Add Credentials” activity.
by changing the "Credentials Type" to “Generic” whereas yours is “DomainPassword”

PFA of workflow.Its working fine.
Decrypt SecureStringUpdated.xaml (6.9 KB)

Thanks ddpadil, it works like you said.
Can you explain what the difference is between storing Windows(Domain Password) credentials and Generic credentials? Are they equally secure?
I read this msdn page but frankly learned nothing:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa380517(v=vs.85).aspx#domain_credentials

sorry pal i really have no idea.:smiley:
may be @badita will explain whats the differences.