Nginx configuration for Orchestrator (and HTTPS) anyone can share?

Does anyone has a Nginx configuration they can share for Orchestrator in multi-node mode for HTTPS ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

My issue had nothing to with the Nginx. It had everything to do with IIS. Specifically the IIS binding for 443 was the problem. My original error was Nginx was getting back an error from IIS saying it could not find something. IIS doesn’t readily show any errors about what it was complaining about at least none that I could fine after looking all over for something (Events, IIS logs, etc). I did a little more digging with a work associate and the finger got pointed at how picky IIS is about what IIS is referenced with for by name or I guess IP address even. That pointed to bindings.

My original bindings looked like this:

Now my binding looks like this:

Nginx can now talk to the Orchestrator instance just fine. Another LB that just worked is the Kemp LB and it apparently does SSL Pass Through by default when you don’t apply a front facing SSL cert. Well, it worked as long as the IIS bindings are defined as above in my situation.

So the above somewhat suggested the pre-setup Powershell script is a little too specific for IIS setup when IIS is going to be used in Multi-node mode … IMHO that is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.