Newbe can't get Data Scraping wizard to work

I am brand new to UIPATH so I am sure I am just missing something easy; here goes -
New project - Data Scraping wizard → Select Element → laptops |ebay
It won’t let me select an element of the page - the whole page is blue.

Everything I have read indicates when I hit that [next] button I should be able to select an element of the page…
Thanks in advance for your help…

@amcintyre

You need to indicate any of the product details and then it will show.

Hi welcome to the community!
I strongly advise you to do the free training available here, it will greatly help you to get started!
https://academy.uipath.com/lms/index.php?r=site/index

That is absolutely what I am expecting; and I see that in the IE header. I can highlight the URL, the Search box, the Tab, the menu items, no problem. But no matter where I move the cursor on the body of the page, it never isolates to an element, it just shows the whole body in blue.

1 Like

I am actually working on a practice in the Level 1 Developer training. Lesson 5 Practice 1. I have been thru the lessons, the outline, the walkthrough and the answers, but none of them seems to address this issue.

Are you working on a internet explorer inside a windows server? maybe you have enhanced protection enabled…

@amcintyre

Typing “laptops” in the search field will not be a part of Data Scraping.
The Data Scraping wizard should be used to select structured data.

Eg:

Keep the page open with laptop in the search (like the screenshot specified).

In the Sequence use an Attach Browser and highlight the window.

Now use a Data scraping wizard and select:

“DELL LAPTOP LATITUDE WINDOWS 10 …”
and click Next.
For the Pattern (Select Second Element):

DELL Latitude Laptop 14.1 …

Then Click Next and then Click OK

It does appear to be an IE security setting. I tried on my personal laptop and it works just as expected. Thanks

1 Like

Sowmya - Thanks for your thoughts. It does look like it is a problem with my security settings. I was able to get it to work on another machine.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.