New version of Orchestrator seems to replace space with full stop instead of underscore

Hi,

We recently upgraded UIPath Orchestrator to version 2019.10.15 and Studio Enterprise Edition to 2019.10.2.

When I published an existing process I noticed that it created a brand new process in Orchestrator instead of adding to the version history of the existing one.

Upon some digging the process had a space in the name and I’m guessing the previous version was replacing the space as the old package name was Example_Test…however now it it Example.Test

I have managed to resolve the issue by updating the project name in project.json to have an underscore.

Anyone else noticed this and is there a setting that controls replacing a space with another character?

Hi @scottn,
Can you share with us some screenshots related to this. It’s quite important information and would like to share this with proper team. So they could check it as well :slight_smile:

Hi @Pablito,

Unfortunately I have since removed the bad package so can’t share. But I’ve been able to reproduce.

Create a new process with a name that has a space. You can see what happens when you publish:

Screenshot of Orchestrator:

Project.json snippet:

{
“name”: “Example Process”,
“description”: “Blank Process”,
“main”: “Main.xaml”,
“dependencies”: {
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.7.2]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.7.2]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.10.1]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.11.0]”
},
}

Obviously this means any process names with a space on the newer version will create a separate package instead of adding a new version to an existing.

Best practice would be not to have spaces…but one slipped through the net.

Hope this helps?

Scott

Thank you for the screens :slight_smile: I checked this with the team and seems that they knew already about this issue. For Community Preview release there is already bug fix for this. You can read it here:

Project names may contain whitespace characters. When naming projects, keep in mind that whitespace characters are removed at publish time.

So seems that space character is allowed since now and your issue is related to old Orchestrator behavior.

No problem @Pablito - Thanks for advising

1 Like

@Pablito

The fix did not make it into the 2019.10.3 LTS release?

Now we have duplicate processes with the same name, some with dots and others with underscores, making it difficult to keep track on which one is the right one.

Is there a workaround for the latest LTS release? This is a complete mess, how is this not a priority?

@krbg00 update the Project.json for the updated version of the package. i.e. if the name was “Example Process” in the earlier versions it would’ve converted the package name to “Example_Process” but now in the new version it will be “Example.Process”.

To workaround open the most recent Project.json file and change the “name” to have underscores rather than spaces…republish the process and it should update the right package.

Let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Thanks, @scottn it works.

you’re welcome @krbg00