New UI Automation framework! 🙏

Nice features set. I’ve got few questions. Comparing to the previous UIAutomation framework, what activities aren’t available? For instance, I’ve briefly checked out UIAutomation Next and found out that User Events and Computer Vision activities are not there to use. So, can you say in general, what do we miss, and instead, what can we gain? Are the missed activities being migrated to the new framework and so shall we wait? Will the new framework be the norm or will that work side by side the previous one and will have its own use cases?

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thanks very much for this post @atoi. I would appreciate it if @cosin or other contributors could address it and related challenges this presents. As activities are added and others naturally drop, it would help developers adapt and implement the new capabilities the fastest if a mapping of added and dropped activities or movements to other packages was provided with the pre-release news. For many of us, we have client related impacts as well. We will be assessing the timing impact of when these enhancements will hit the Enterprise releases.
input on how existing automations relying on older features will be key. Please provide information on that if possible as well Enterprise timing as @chaz.jenkins noted.

9 Likes

Great point. Activity roadmap would be great. Unless that information is published elsewhere?

5 Likes

I haven’t seen it elsewhere @chaz.jenkins. @cosin, @uipath, is an activity roadmap possible? Very valuable indeed.

5 Likes

We all know that impact on customers relies on various aspects and levels. As you said mapping is key and so is backward-compatibility. In my opinion, the new framework’s manifest should indicate if it’s a technology shift which either it will break previous runtimes and running robots or not and other questions like that.

6 Likes

I think the computer vision activities have been reclassified to another section

6 Likes

Great to see these updates in StudioX…

4 Likes

If it’s not in UI Automation container, where is it?

5 Likes

Computer Vision

4 Likes

This section includes Computer Vision related activities found in the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities pack. You can access them by following the links listed in the below See Also section.

@Avinash_Sewpersadh, Version 2020.2.0-beta-108: it’s still in the package but technically it’s easy for them to move it elsewhere because core CV activities are published as separate dlls, UiPath.CV.dll, UiPath.CV.Activities.dll and UiPath.CV.Activities.Design.dll. Therefore, if we’re going to use CV activities, we still need to include UI Automation package. Like everyone else suggested, I’m willing to see a roadmap for changes in all upcoming activities.

8 Likes

Wow! It’s looking cool and great.

Thanks @Cosin for sharing this update with us.

5 Likes

@Cosin great

4 Likes

Awesome release thanks uipath team . :metal::metal::metal:

8 Likes

Awesome Design Concepts.

4 Likes

Nice Great feature!

4 Likes

Cool update! Thanks.

4 Likes

Great updates guys! keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Amazing :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hi @adi.mehare
Welcome to the UIPATH Community ! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Excellent :+1:

3 Likes