New Chrome Extension

Yes is it please possible to rollback the chrome extension? Our production system is completely down and we cannot meet our deadlines now.

4 Likes

All, we are planning to rollback, but publishing any new extension version (including the old one) requires Google pre-approval and that takes time. I have escalated to Google and hope to get a resolution soon. Keep you posted.

3 Likes

Should we stop trying to do all the suggestion listed above? I dont want to change things that could impact us when we rollback chrome. I opened a high pri ticket and I am not getting any details. I am getting more info from this forum them from them

1 Like

@keith.edwards , we upgraded our packages to the recommended version, worked on some ui elements, it didnt on a couple of others, so its a mixed bag. We’re waiting on a rollback of the extension before we do any changes on our robots.

1 Like

Thanks for the message - I think we are going to do the same. Also, I just got a message back from support, they said rollback is yet to be confirmed:

Hello Keith

Yes, the team is working on a solution and we will have to wait until we get the best possible way. Rolling back is also something we are looking at however yet to confirm on it.

Is their a location where we can follow any updates about this issue?
We are waiting for information to decide whether we’ll update our processess or wait for the rollback.
At https://status.uipath.com/ no incidents are reported but this seems like a Chrome plugin incident.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello,
Is there any way to install the previous version of the extension manually?

1 Like

From what i see they just pushed an update on the Chrome Extension.
Users were reporting issues on: 9.0.6823
The Version just changed to 9.0.6824

2 Likes

Its right.

They made an update.
I suppose they put the version before the bug. :wink:

2 Likes

I just tested the new update - and for me its working. All my selectors are fine now.

Thank God for this! Have a great weekend.

4 Likes

Yep, the extension was rolled back and everything is working. Great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeh! Everything is fine now!

ok @fmiguelsoares :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Indeed. See the first post here for the official update.

1 Like

About the issue, im using the 19.10 version, and the problem still ocurred. I dont think it was something exclusively to 18.4

Hi @lucas.stern

Could you share some details of the process with us? project.json and/or the nuget package of the process would help a lot. Naturally, please PM me directly in case you don’t want to share it publicly.

project.json (1.0 KB)

Dont worry, here’s my project.json.
Im using 19.10 version studio, with 20.4 packges (it said is compatible in the description, and b4 today, not a single problem happen).

The problem ocurred when trying to attach to a chrome window (not the confirmation pop-up, but these small windows that open sometimes when clicking on a link, or a button, like when you try to logon to a website using oauth).

Is there an update on this?

My version of 20.4.3 is NOT working with Chrome extension (9.0.6824).

One bot in particular at my company is no longer working as the selectors and everything seem to be all screwed up. It opens the webpage but seems to have an error and doesn’t continue to the next activities. In my case, it’s in a Retry, so it keeps looping and opening new windows. However, when I switch to Firefox mode instead the workflow works.

Changing my entire bot’s code over to Firefox would be a nightmare however. All my selectors contain “chrome.exe” so I would need to go through and replace these to “firefox.exe” in hundreds of places.

Is there any update coming soon? I don’t want to waste time changing everything over to a firefox solution if there’s a fix coming soon.

The bot sends SMS alerts for vehicle breakdowns as a 24/7 process with my company so this is very urgent.

1 Like

Hi @Jon_G

Could you please create a ticket with our technical support at this form:

This will allow our team to follow up on your issue.

Thanks!

Thanks, I’ve done this, looking into it now.

It seems in Debug mode, I get the error “Cannot communicate with browser” and it takes about 15 seconds for UiPath extension icon to appear in the Chrome window when I observe the bot running. It’s as if I would need to open each window of Chrome - delay for 15 seconds - then execute activities. But never had to do that before.

1 Like

Update - issue resolved. I had to install Google Chrome v83 supplied by support staff and the extension (and my bot) is now working perfectly again. Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

Note: Previously I had been on Chrome v77 and then v85 and both of these versions of Chrome seemed to have the same problem where the extension does not immediately load. Hopefully anybody else having this issue will see this and know that a workaround for this currently is to rollback your Google Chrome to v83.

1 Like