Netsuite saved search timeout

I am using the netsuite saved search activity on the Transaction record type and getting the following error message,

Saved Search: One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (The request channel timed out attempting to send after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.))

This was previously working fine and I am able to run other saved searches fine but for whatever reason this saved search is now timing out (there are 500 records in current results). I don’t see a way as per the error message suggests to increase the timeout value, is there something I am missing here?

2023-10-24T18:50:00Z
Looks like root cause is a volume issue - saved search works when results are under a particular threshold however there is nothing in the documentation that points out this limitation - so open question is what is the record limit that this activity can currently handle and is there a way to increase this limit at all?