Net Benefits not computing, hence incorrect value computed for Estimated Costs & Benefits

Good Afternoon,

I’ve done everything I could to debug the problem and reading everything I can that’s available on the forums. Sometimes the platform doesn’t seem to compute the net benefits despite there being cost savings due to employee cost savings.

Here its all Post Automation Costs

But I’ve set up the information properly in process volumetry in about page

Unless my understanding is wrong and Cost/Year for process AS IS is not a part of the computations.

Hello @emrabino ,

You can find more details in this page in the user guide.

• Estimated Costs & Benefits : the costs of the process before it is automated in comparison with the estimated post-automation costs and net benefits.
    • Est. Net Benefit Year 1 : Cost per year for the process AS IS (computed in the Detailed assessment) - Cost with humans performing the manual process for the transactions that could not be automated - Implementation people cost - Running costs/year.
    • Est. Net Benefit Year 2 : Cost per year for the process AS IS (computed in the Detailed assessment) - Cost with humans performing the manual process for the transactions that could not be automated - Running costs/year. The running cost/year = RPA software costs + Other Software costs + Support team + Infrastructure + Other costs.

Based on what I see in the snapshot:

• The costs with performing the process before being automated (aka Cost per year for the process AS IS) is 275k, whereas the cost for the process after being automated is 874k for year 1, respectively 443k for year 2.
  • The net benefit for year 1 = 275k - 874k = - 599k which is a negative value (you are spending more with the process after being automated then before it was automated, so this is not a great candidate you want to invest in). Because the value is negative, there is nothing to display in the graphic with blue color. For this reason the Net benefit is displayed as 0, because of its negative value.

Thanks,
Iulia

Oh so that’s why! Thank you for the clarification, yes it does seem that this idea is not fit for automation. I just hoped that maybe that value for first year estimate be - 599k as that’s whats stated in our reports.