Need to incorporate Excel sheet at the end Repeat Number of Times activity

I have a Repeat Number of Times activity bot built where a process is completed, let’s say I am entering invoicing information into a web based program. I am going to create 10 identical records using this activity. Then I want to bot to assign each one to a different person and notate which record number is assigned to which person. I’ve got everything built up to the assignment part as I can’t figure out how to fit that in. As of right now once the record creation is finalized the bot circles back and starts entering the new record. How do I get the bot to assign each record to a different person that I specify AND make note of the record number? I’d like to do this with excel and I was initially going to use a For Each Row activity but this didn’t work for me as on the last step it tried to assign to all people on the excel.

1 Like

Hey @brian.j

You want to assign at the end of all transactions or one by one ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

I want to assign at the end of each repeat. So after the first repeat, assign to person A, after repeat 2, assign to person B, and so on…

1 Like

Hey @brian.j

Then yes, you can do this at the end of the process steps inside loop.

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna – how exactly would I do this? Do I need to utilize a table in Orchestrator? I’ve tried using an Excel sheet with the names listed but at the end of the first repeat it cycles through each person’s name instead of starting back up at the top.

1 Like

Hey @brian.j

Sorry that I’m bit unclear about the assigning part…

If you can explain it a bit more will be great, each step please as per scenario.

Based on the high level I understood it looks possible for me.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

@Nithinkrishna – sure.
So I have a ‘Repeat Number of Times’ Activity running. I am using it to create 10 records, all with the same information entered into the same fields. The only field that will be different is at the very end when I assign the record to 1 of the 10 users. I will also receive a record number once a user is assigned - this number will be different for each user. All steps in the Repeat process are click / type into activities (Enter company name, enter check number, enter check amount, enter date received, etc).

What I originally tried was using a ‘For Each Row’ activity, had all user first / last names on an excel sheet. The problem I am running into is instead of searching for the first user, it cycles through and enters each user name one after the other and then only searches once it reaches the final user. I need to search, select and assign one user at a time, then go back to the stop of the Repeat activity and start over.

1 Like

Hey @brian.j

Got it. So the repeat number is always 10 ?

Thanks
#nK

The repeat may change depending on number of invoices to be entered. For the purpose of this initial build I am using 10.

1 Like