Need to change the format of cells in EXCEL plz

Need to change the format of cells in EXCEL plz

Hai @Soudios… Use Change Cell Type Activity that will available in UiPath version 2019.4.0

1 Like

ok thank you, i have it , but how it works plz ? i want to extend cell for example

@Soudios… Feed ur inputs properly ,provide cell range within quotes that u want to change , provide cell format … & Path of the Excel file

1 Like

i think i have all oh that, but i don’t know what is the sentence to change a cell

I want to extend cell, and change policy and size plz

Hello Guys …
@Palaniyappan
@mz3bel
Any Idea relevant to this topic…

1 Like

Hi
Did we try with MACROS which can be executed here with Execute Macro or Invoke VBA activity
@Soudios

1 Like

i don’t know how to set a macro

you can use macros to change the colour and font of the selected Range.

@vishnuvarthanp attaching an example macro which you can take it as reference &selecting the particular range and changing its format and colour.

VBAForDateChangeInSelected.txt (723 Bytes) @Soudios… U can use these reference for other tasks that u r mentioned…

1 Like

ok but how macro works ??
Can you show me step by step what i have to do plz ?
With one example if you can plz ?

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/invoke-vba Learn from above I’ve mentioned…

1 Like

don’t really understand, did a need to open a new excel file and copy the "VBAForDateChangeInSelected.txt"code or what ? can you give me more detail plz ?

that what i did for the moment, i opened the VBA on the file i wanted to modify and copied the code you sent me :

@Nandhuba
@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Sry for the inconvenience…@Soudios… this may help u to change size and color…

2 Likes

You don’t need to create a macro buddy
Excel has an option for that
Go to Excel where in View option we can see Macro option and in that we could Record what we want to change which will get converted to a vb script
@Soudios

1 Like

Hope this would help

Cheers

2 Likes

Ok i finish recording the macro, but i can’t find it to use invokeVBA

1 Like

Copy that script and date it in a txt file
Pass that txt file path as input to INVOKE VBA ACTIVITY
Cheers @Soudios

1 Like

it works thant you, but i need to use this macro for every excel file i want, and when i try this it doesnt work for the other excel file

2 Likes

Fine is the cell position changing or any other changes is found between those excel

Cheers @Soudios

but how can i do without create a new process for every excel i want to change, can i just select the excel file with a input message or something like that ?

What i want is :

Lanch the process
select the excel file i want the change
Let the robot change the new excel file :slight_smile:

@Palaniyappan