Need only 1 cell value from excel instead of a row

Hi Friends
I am trying to copy a cell (" hawb") that is in F2 in excel to another field in another application but i keep getting the below error.

I am using a for each loop but can you guys help or offer another easier alternative as i am only need 1 cell value from excel instead of a row.

error.txt (1.6 KB)
guru.import.xaml (30.6 KB)

1 Like

Did you try the Read Cell activity?

Use Excel application scope and read cell in it. That will allow e to read over call and that can be used as text for your further manipulation

Hi!
Have a view on this

Regards,
NaNi

thanks Rahul and Nani…Yes Read cells helps but Can i know do i how type into the cell For example cell F2 ? how do i write the line ?

Hi!

Can we try write cell activity to write in to the particular cell.

Reference: https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/write-cell

Regards,
NaNi

Hi

Hope the below steps would help you resolve this

1. Use a EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE activity and pass the file path as input

2. Inside the scope use a READ CELL activity and mention the sheet name and cell range as “F2”
    And get the output as a string variable named Strinput

3. This Strinput will have the value you want from F2
    Which we can use in TYPE INTO activity as Strinput.ToString

Cheers @Ang_Weng_Fook

Thanks for the constant reply Palaniyappan but i couldnt do it.
Pls see my screenshot .

Error: Flowchart.2.xaml: Cannot convert method group ‘ToString’ to non-delegate type ‘object’. Did you intend to invoke the method?
Cannot convert lambda expression to intended delegate type because some of the return types in the block are not implicitly convertible to the delegate return type
Cannot convert method group ‘ToString’ to non-delegate type ‘string’. Did you intend to invoke the method?

Error message encounter
:RemoteException wrapping System.NotSupportedException: TypeConverter cannot convert from System.Double.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager