Need help Level 3 Assignment 2!

I am just finished the assignment 1, and i’m getting to do the assignment 2.
I read the walkthrough, and i have a question.
how can i set the value of the current page to out_TransactionItem ?
pic1

1 Like

From the screenshot it is already set right -

out_TrabsactionItem = in_TransactionNumber

in_TransactionNumber is the current page.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

Oh, so the value of current page is the in_TransactionNumber argument ?
I thought this argument is indicate the page number only.

Yes.
In the process transaction, you have to click the page using dynamic selector (with in_TransactionNumber) and scrape the data.

1 Like

Can i ask you what is the purpose of this step ?
Is there any different if i use the same method as the assignment 1 to extract and select the WI14 Items ?

1 Like

The final result is same.
But here the assignments are made to demonstrate various techniques to perform the same functionality.

In the first assignment, we capture all the data from all pages and process.
In the second assignment, we capture data page by page and process them.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

3 Likes

Thank you for answering my question. I will try to follow the instruction of the walkthrough.

1 Like

@Zou_Barney, you also can complement the great explanation from @KarthikByggari and check this example in order to help you move forward with this topic! GetTransactionData.xaml (11.7 KB)

~Diego Turati

1 Like

Hi @Zou_Barney, great to know it worked!

~Diego Turati

Yes @DiegoTurati, @KarthikByggari.
I tried to follow the walkthrough, i am struggling with the selectors. I read a topic about my problem but i’m quite not understand. What i want to do is i could validate the selector of these element exist activities. And i need to know why i have to repeat the element exist at process.xaml but not reuse it from gettransactiondata.xaml

Here is my workflow:

process2

Hello, I’m still not know how to solve this issue, is anyone here can help me please ?

1 Like

@Zou_Barney, I was checking your selectors and looks like something is missing.

Try this:

~Diego Turati

assignment2.zip (1.6 MB)

Here is my program, please have a glance if you don’t mind, I was wasting 4 days just to find the answer for this issue and i couldn’t finish it. :frowning:

Another point @Zou_Barney:

This is how i did.

~Diego Turati

@Zou_Barney, you can delete your full project. don’t worry, we are going to help you in another way. Check this:

Process.xaml (11.4 KB)

~Diego Turati

Hi Zou_Barney! Did you solve your problem?