Need explanation on below highlighted lines from Assignment 2-Level 3-Walkthrough

Need explanation on below highlighted lines from Assignment 2-Level 3-Walkthrough

“We consider one page in the WorkItems list to be a transaction and the page number to be the transaction Item.
o The transaction item is a string representing the number of the page which is currently being processed.”

Can some one explain why we are considering 1 page to be a transaction.
Normally every entry in that page is considered transaction item.

So i fail to understand the different betwen transaction item and transaction.
Do we mean the page is considered as transaction number ?(Index)
if tats the case,why have they mentioned page number as transaction item.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Fine
You have already got the point
–Here transaction is the page from where we are getting the data of worklist items, where
Transaction Item is the page index (as string) which denotes the number of pages from where the data is obtained

–so when the bot tries to go to the next page in the worklist items on clicking that next page arrow, suddenly there is no more data to be processed as it has reached the last page, then the transaction gets over (means there is no more page to be accessed with data)
and the transaction item also ends (means the number of pages to be used is obtained finally and there is not pages to used)

Hope this would help you
Kindly let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Vidya_Srinivasan

So i have doubt as to why suddenly have the very meaning of transaction and transaction item changed? I mean individual transactions are transaction items (So since 1 page is considered as 1 transaction,we consider that 1 page as transaction item.

1)Why cant we use transaction number instead of transaction item for index?
2)Why is 1 page considered as 1 transaction.Why not the normal way of considering each entry in that page as transaction item.Any reason ?
3)The literal meaning of transaction here and transaction item in RE framework is same…Then why the swap?

Fine
can i have that full document if possible
Cheers @Vidya_Srinivasan

Generate_Yearly_Report_Walkthrough_Short.pdf (977.7 KB)

Here you go !

1. Its essentially the same thing.

2. I think the requirement wants you to consider data on page to be a transaction instead of what you consider to be “normal”.

If we have to think in terms of why ? May be to test whether have you got the idea or not.

1. The language is tricky however it shouldn’t stop you from going ahead.

I think you have everything you need, you just need to implement or you’re having difficulty to implement?

I am able to implement.The question is i fail to understand in which scenarios i might need to implement this way.

If its just this,i can do.
if there are specific scenarios,i have to think this way,then i am doubtful.

But yes,i got your point.Thank u

I understand what you’re trying to say.

Don’t overthink it, keep it simple I’m sure you can crack it.

Let us know if any issues.

One last q :

So 2 references for page number : Transaction number and Transaction Item.
Why so ?

1 Like

Fine
lets go one by one
Here TransactionItem is different from Transaction
TransactionItem is a string global variable defined inthe main workflow, which usually denotes the current page number of the worklist items portal page from where we are getting the transactions…
–So the Transactions here mention the data that we get from that page (i.e., from that TransactionItem)
–moreover we got the process split into two stages one is DISPATCHER and another one is PERFORMER.
–First lets go for DISPATCHER as this topic relates more to the dispatcher…
–now here the TransactionItem and Transactions are used in dispatcher where these transactions are uploaded to queue, i.e., the data from each page (from transactionitem) is uploaded to the queue…
–both TransactionItem and TransactionNumber is same, we are using TransactionItem term when are defining it as OUT argument (for ex Out_TransactionItem) while TransactionNumber is used when we define as a IN argument (for ex In_TransactionNumber)
–where in_TransactionNumber argument is the page number for the Dispatcher
is used inside the get transaction data xaml
–this in_TransactionNumber holds the page number as described earlier and is passed as varaible to element exists activity selector
–the output variable of this element exists activity is NextPageExists a boolean variable
–if the element exists gives us true value it will go to THEN part where this in_TransactioniNumber is assigned to its equivalent OUT ARGUMENT named out_TransactionItem (they both are of same string type as described in the previous point)
–this out_TransactionItem is passed to the Process state where next page number is clicked with a click activity as this click activity has the selector with the out_transactionitem as a value in it

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Vidya_Srinivasan
–this out_TransactionNumber will hold the page number

Any other queries on this buddy
Cheers @Vidya_Srinivasan

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.