Need documents or material to understand high availability and disaster recovery in UiPath

Hi Team,

I am looking for a documents or a link to understand high availability and disaster recovery in UiPath. Kindly help

Hi @theerthaks

Since some time, UiPath tends to document online as much as they can.
You can find info within the link below.

Do not forget to have a look on the “See also” at the bottom or even to browse other parts the furnished knowledge base.

Cheers

1 Like

This really does not explain licensing. Lets say - today: i have 10 unattended license that I pay for and one orchestrator …

Tomorrow I want one more orchestrator (high availability). I assume I need to get one more orchestrator license, set it up on top of load balancer and that is it? Or do i now need to get 10 more unattended licenses on top of 10 (total 20) because I need to load that in other orchestrator?

No, you do not need extra license. HA may mean 10 web app servers, 3 redis notes, 3 elasticsearch nodes, one SQL DB. All these are one Orchestrator license and not 17. Actually it is stated in the licensing terms that the “The OC license may be activated on a farm of Machines”.

For Disaster Recovery too, depending on how you set-up, most of the times you do not need a separate Orchestrator license. The license is in DB and it will replicate in the backup SQL DB.

1 Like

hi @badita , can you provide me the link where it says the OC license may be activated on a farm of machines?

thanks
Tommy
pt-ngw

Hi @tommyh

See here:
https://www.uipath.com/licensing-models

Hello
If i want to do active passive setup i must have two licenses key ?

Hi @LuaySaleh

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

What do you mean by

active passive setup

?

DR digram
2 orchestrator first one active second one passive
Will work after first one is down

When I purchased the license, one license key was supplied. When I apply the high availability setup, do I need more than one license key for the orchestrator?
When the active node is down? Do I need human action to switch the license to the passive node or it will be an automated switch to the passive node. If yes, how to transfer the license between the active node to the passive node

Hi @LuaySaleh

As mentioned above, in the scenario of disaster recovery most times no additional license is required:

There is also this contact form in case you want to see what applies to your specific situation :slight_smile:

Hi Badita,
In HA (Active \Passive) must i have independent robot for Active node and different independent robot for secondary node? if yes how robot in secondary node will start work when primary node is down and the license will generate aoutoumatcily or want human action ?

Dear All,

In HA (Active \Passive) must i have independent robot for Active node and different independent robot for secondary node? if yes how robot in secondary node will start work when primary node is down and the license will generate aoutoumatcily or want human action ?

Regards

1 Like

I think you could still clarify it with our technical support, but as far as I understand it, the recovery Orchestrator is a mirror of the primary one. This would mean that it will switch from one to the other without the need for any human action. This also explains why 1 license works on both.

Hello every on
i have a question that i can not find
where i work has been instaled an Active Server with Orquestrator and it work with disaster recovery (so they conect a “listener” to the “alway on” configuration), so when they went to install the passive server in the moment when thay have to configure de DB its says that “the database name provided its already used by an existing database. continue anyway?”
should i continue?