My Robot didn't work in Orchestrator and I don't know why

Hello everyone,

It’s my first time I use Orchestrator (community edition) so I follow all the steps for making it work but this is not.
I can run my robot previously published on UiPath Studio but the state will be instantly “successful” but it take around 10 min to run without Orchestrator and I receive a mail at the end if it’s done or another mail if it crash.
So I don’t know why my robot be instantly successful because it’s not.

I think the problem is in a common error for the Orchestrator noob like me, or maybe it’s something else…

Maybe you can tell me about that !

Thank you

1 Like

Fine
kindly elaborate a bit more on the steps been followed by you buddy
no worries
we can solve this up
Cheers @Ludo.F

1 Like

Hello @Palaniyappan

I follow this tuto : https://www.edureka.co/blog/uipath-orchestrator/

So I made all the steps, everything is connected in orchestrator but at the end when I run the job of the robot it’s resolved in 1 seconde, so I don’t know if it’s because orchestrator doesn’t see my robot correctly, if it’s because I use some file on my computer orchestrator can’t access, or other things like that…

1 Like

Fine
–kindly go to jobs and i hope you will be able to see the process of yours ran recently
–in that case click on the right end of that process and click on VIEW LOGS
–we would be able to find where we are failing up

Cheers @Ludo.F

Yep no problem, that’s the logs :

1 Like

Fine
–were we able to execute this in our studio withou from being orchestrator
if so how long it takes
–i guess the process is not ran in correct robot
–kindly check these pls
–is the robot is connected
–if its connected is it connected to right machine where we want to execute our process
–if its connected is the right process is executed
–if its executed is it executed in the right robot

Cheers @Ludo.F

If I run the robot on my computer it take at least 10 minutes.
I realized in the logs the last line “fileName” is for “Main” and my file is called “Meteo” so I think orchestrator run an empty .xaml.
I’ll try to rename my file in my computer first, after I’ll try to see in orchestrator why it want to run “Main” and not “Meteo”.

I keep you in touch !

1 Like

yah
check with those file name in our project folder
–and i would suggest like pls dont change the file name of Main.xaml at any cost
–sometimes we might miss on any package upgrades

kindly let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Ludo.F

1 Like

I just rename my robot “Meteo.xaml” in “Main.xaml” and it work on orchestrator now !

Thank you for your help,

Cheers

1 Like

Just another quick question,

I scheduled the robot for tomorrow 9am, Orchestrator is connected on my computer and on a virtual machine in azure cloud used by remote desktop.

For running the robot, my computer can be powered off if the vm in the cloud is on ?
The both can be powered off because Orchestrator can handled a robot in his own cloud ?
Or do I have to had my computer on AND the vm in remote desktop on ?

1 Like

Fantastic

let me tell you in a simple way
make sure that the machine where we are going to execute the process is on
–and we would have connected that machine in our orchestrator and scheduled it
–as orchestrator is a web application we dont need the machine that has hosted that orchestrator, to be on

–so our ultimate concentration should be like the machine where we are running the process should be on always

Cheers @Ludo.F

Hi @Ludo.F

There is no strict Guideline like you can not change File name of Process Execution Target File IMO :slight_smile: . It depends on scenarios and Needs.

In Short if you want and require you can change it in Project.json

if you will change it after published a package then you have to republish it to apply changes

Regards…!!
Aksh

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Yah we can change the filename with json file but we need to change a lot in the sequence
–like if we have published the package in orchestrator there we wont be able to use this new package as current version for the one which is already present
–then we need to create new process for this
–as mentioned indeed

Kindly correct me if i m wrong
Cheers @aksh1yadav

@Palaniyappan
What changes you are referring? it is just a file name change sir.
and as per my knowledge we call all invoked files inside main file mostly. even in case of more then one process merging it will be one change in invoke file activity file name :slight_smile:

Whenever we publish the version will get updated but in case of no changes detect while working with version control system . you can mention in comments and manually can increase version number by one too :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

alright …
i though we are changing the project name and if its a main file name change it has no problem
my eyes is paining since morning, may be lost my vision while reading… :smile:

Fine
cheers @aksh1yadav @Ludo.F

@Palaniyappan

Buddy why it is so :slight_smile: Take care yourself. do not spend much time in front of system a lot :slight_smile:

Many people on forum are dependent on you :slight_smile: So take care and take care of your eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:
sarcastic fellow… :crazy_face: …just kidding

Cheers @aksh1yadav @Ludo.F

:flushed::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: No i am not :wink:

Regards…!!
Aksh

hehe, no you are not…just kidding buddy
you are really inspiring…i really mean it…
you are one of the main reason why i m here tdday
Cheers @aksh1yadav

Hey @Palaniyappan

it is a great feeling that i was able to inspire someone :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: :blush: Now may be you will be one of the reason that i will be here too ( Again)
:stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure , just kidding :slight_smile:

Keep Learning Keep Growing and Keep Sharing :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like