My process CAN NOT read the excel File in Debug

Hello!

I am working in a process that worked perfectly with Community v 2020.10.6 then I buy an attended robot v 2020.10.2, My process worked fine in the beginning until one day in Debug, it throws this error:

"Excel Application Scope: Failed opening the Excel file C:\Users…\BlankProcess\excel\test.xlsx. Possible reasons: the file is corrupt, the file is already used by another process or you don’t have permissions to open the file. "

I didn’t touch the file, it is closed, I have all permissions… I can’t understand nothing.

Guys, have you any idea what could it be?

THANK YOU!

Does Excel opens the file without problems? I’ve had problems in the past where the file got corrupted and it was needed to open/repair file in Excel before using it in Uipath.

Hey thank you for the answer :slight_smile: No, I haven’t have problems with excel before, it is very strange…

HINT

I spent many hours on this… Now I know, that Excel application scope is not compatible with background job. Please, check if you have Starts in Background selected as No.

If you have xlsx filetype, then use System/File/Workbook/ activities, not App Integration/Excel/ activities if you wan to have background job.

Hopefully this helps.

My solution was that I was editing a formula inside excel.

After stopping editing, everything worked just fine.