Multiple/Bulk Write Cell

Sometimes I want to write to multiple cells in a workbook, however I have to use lots of copies of the Write Cell activity. Could we have a Multiple/Bulk Write Cell activity where you specify the workbook once, and then can add multiple cells to be updated? (similar to the bulk/multiple assign activity)

but won’t that be a static update?

As far I can say you would want the B4/B5 to be updated as well on regards with the B6, B7 ratio ??

What I am suggesting is an activity where the options are:

WorkBookPath
Sheet, Cell, Value
Sheet, Cell, Value
Sheet, Cell, Value
Sheet, Cell, Value

Where ‘Sheet, Cell, Value’ can be added as many times as we like for the same workbook.

At present we have to add multiple Write Cell activities.

1 Like

Makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Andrew,

If you want a quick workaround, what you could do is have an array of values that you want to add and then iterate through that and only have one write cell activity within the for-loop.

3 Likes

good idea. Specifying the Column value (A,B,C,etc) would still be a tough cookie to tackle. If it was going on rows it’s of course easier to use integers for this.

In regards of the original idea, I’m all for it. Similar to what the “Multiple Assign” activity looks like. Very useful.
Thanks!

3 Likes

You’d like something like what was implemented with assign right?

There are a few workarounds as mentioned in other replies so I don’t see the need for this, but maybe other’s do think it’s needed.

1 Like

Absolutely.

We could say the same for multiple assign too though, but it has been developed as a feature. Yes, it’s not essential, but it makes life a lot easier! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.