MS ACCESS Integration with UiPath Studio

Hi,

Heavy interaction is required with MS Access for a project.

1. Executing Query(Can be done)
  2. Execute Macro
  3. Import Data(in csv or xlsx file)
  4. Export Data(in csv or xlsx file)

How can I achieve the above?
Is there any custom activity package available to do this?
A sample workflow would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

Hi @Karan_Gupta,

Yes you can achieve by .

Sample File :SqlDatabase.xaml (5.8 KB)

Sample Database : AgeRange.zip (27.4 KB)

Regards
Balamurugan

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for this. It was helpful.
Can you please tell me how to execute a macro which is built-in inside a database file with extension (.accdb) ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Karan_Gupta,
I didn’t get the activities to execute the macro for Access. But I have created a Custom activity to execute the Macro in Access the I below attached.

Please give me your feedback. And if you need any feature let me know.

Regards
Balamurugan

3 Likes

Wow, that’s very helpful.
Thanks a lot for your amazingly prompt solution.

1 Like

HI @Karan_Gupta,
Now you can get this package in the Package Manager.

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi @balupad14, I have used this package for executing a macro recently and I have provided feedback to you on Go!. Please check it out.

Hi @savantsa,

Thank you for your feed back.If you attached the sample access file which you have tested my component, It would be help to test at my side.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

I cannot send the file to this address as it will appear on the public forum.

Is there another way I can send it to you?

Main.xaml (3.7 KB)
Here is the file. If you need the .mdb file to debug further, I will have to send it to you privately. Is that ok?

Hi Balamurugan,

Your activity is perfect. It was the macro that had a message box at the end. This was preventing the activity from moving forward. I deleted that messagebox from the macro and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for your contribution to the Go community

Thank you

Hi @balupad14,

This activity works like a charm. Can I ask for an improvement?

When the macro runs, is there a way to make sure that no windows whatsoever flashes?

As the UiPath activity is running and executing a macro in my access database, the Access window opens briefly and disappears after a few seconds. Sometimes depending on how long it takes to run the macro, it takes longer for it to close. This window flashing is like a distraction. IN fact, sometimes it says “Press Esc to cancel”. I don’t want these windows to show up.

Is there a property I can use to not show these windows or is there something else I can do to do the same?

I am facing the same issue, my Access macro takes long time to execute. And after some time it does “Press esc to cancel” and exit it will error. Any solution?

Hi,

can you attach the sample access file _

Regards
Balamurugan.S

The xaml file I had uploaded has the execute macro activity being called that opens Access visually and closes it etc. If there is a way that the macro runs silently without having the visual opening and closing of Access, that would be good.

Hello, I would have to make a request.
How can I create a * .odbc database without having access?
Thanks!

Hi,

It seems this package is not compatible with Windows Project. I would really use and test it in my new project. Could you please republish with windows compatibility.

HI @sonal.patil

Thank you for using the package. I have sent a migrated package to UiPath. I am waiting the response from them.

Tagged to : @staff

Thank you
Balamurugan.S